Routines with Memory?

Jan 11, 2011
Hi guys!

Do you perform any routines with the memory theme? Like for example shuffled deck which order you remember instantly or anything of this kind? I'd love to hear of your experience. For me, one trick with the theme of memory I love to perform is the princess card trick. Recently I managed to record it, maybe you could tell me what do you think about it?

[video=youtube;NLq81Dt8_O4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLq81Dt8_O4[/video]

Sep 1, 2007
This is one of the better videos I've seen lately, though I would do away with the wipe. It's not really intrusive, but see if you can find a better transition as wipes have largely fallen out of style in editing.

Anyway, you'll want to look up Harry Lorrayne's The Memory Book. I personally get all my mnemonics from Dave Farrow's system, but that might be a bigger investment than you're willing to make right now.

As an aside, I find it odd that Dory is one of cinema's most accurate representations of what amnesia is really like.

Jan 11, 2011
hehe, yes, I think it's odd, but I thought it would be a good framework. I do have some of the memory system, and in fact memorized deck which I believe is quite original and bulletproof. But the trick I presented here uses memory more as a plot than a method. Thank you for your thoughts!

Sep 1, 2007
If you're looking for memory as the plot, might I suggest Luke Jermay's Reverse Gestalt Moment if you don't have it already, and I believe Andrew Mayne's Focal Point follows such a theme.

About a year ago, the Science Channel had a special called Mind Games. There was an entire segment in which a magician posed as a salesman at an auto parts store and showed the fallibility of memory in a similar way to what you presented in your video. Might take some digging to find it, but totally worth it.

Jan 11, 2011
Reverse Gestalt Moment is great, I studied most of Luke Jermay's material which is available, and I think he is brilliant mentalist and magician. Those Mind Games sound very interesting, I'm definitely going to look for it, thanks!

Aug 2, 2011
California
Michael Weber teaches a great "memory" in his lecture and his lecture packet "Memorease." Weber's material is pretty exclusive, but if you can find some it is great!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results