Royal Oil - A Creativity Challenge

Hi Everyone...it's card trick time!

About four years ago I read a great oil and water style trick in Karl Fulves 'Foolproof Card Tricks' that was so good it fooled even me the first few times I tried it! This got the mind cogs whirring and I set about trying to build a self-working oil and water routine based on the Fulves idea. At the time I was relatively new to the whole 'creating' game and the results were, shall we say, less than satisfactory!

However, after many revisions and over four year later, I finally have something I'm relatively happy with.

Now, I don't really want to get into a debate about whether the oil and water plot is commercial or not. This was more of an academic and artistic exercise for me. A way to stretch the creative muscles. Therefore, I did set myself some criteria:

- No gaffs
- No extra cards
- Each phase must end clean (i.e no hiding cards of the wrong colour with Elmsley/Olram counts!)
- Spectator must mix the cards for the final phase
- Kicker ending

Obviously there were going to be trade offs. The routine is not entirely self-working and the 'spectator mixing' part is a little restrictive, but other than that I am relatively happy with it.

Anyway, enough rambling. The video is below, let me know what you all think!

Thanks All

Rev

Reactions: wildwildcat
Jun 5, 2013
Hungary
I have to say that I've never enjoyed an Oil & Water effect as much as I did this one!
Your patter was in sync with your actions and the kicker was surprising. Well done!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results