Royal Road to Card Magic

Oct 18, 2007
Germany
by R. Paul Wilson..

I dont know if i should buy this 5 DVD set its expensive but worths its price i think.

I have::

Ambitious by Daryl
Card Sharp . THe HEckler Generation X ( Tudor )
Garcia projects
Easy to master card miracles 1 and 3 ( ammer )
Trilogy Bucks...
Most E DVDs ( card magic )
and im one year into magic ...

so i dont know if i should buy Royal Road... Maybe there is no new stuff for me or just a little bit of new slights or routines or whatever..

is there someone who can give me some help :( thanks theory11 bros :rolleyes:

Aug 31, 2007
In my opinion, RRTCM should have been your first investment. I highly recommend buying it now. This book is one of the best books ever written. It will be your foundation of card magic. You need it now. ;)

John :cool:

Oct 18, 2007
Germany
Get the book it's 10x cheaper and can be used anywhere.

im german i think i wont understand some things ..( ok dictionary ^^ ) but i think its easier to learn with videos ... (never learned with books) but i think its hard to understand what they try to explain things or am I wrong?

thanks...

im german i think i wont understand some things ..( ok dictionary ^^ ) but i think its easier to learn with videos ... (never learned with books) but i think its hard to understand what they try to explain things or am I wrong?

thanks...

Yeah, im guessing if you're german, it would definatly be easier to work with the dvds, than to try and translate the book. But it's up to you.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Get the book it's 10x cheaper and can be used anywhere.

but what he also means is that there is no point in spending so much money on a set like that, which it is for beginners, and you won't find any appealing tricks there too, most of them are old fashioned, and are not used today, so it's only good for some of the sleights there, thats why I think you should get the book. Or just don't get it at all, it's for beginners, if you know magic already go for card college series

but what he also means is that there is no point in spending so much money on a set like that, which it is for beginners, and you won't find any appealing tricks there too, most of them are old fashioned, and are not used today, so it's only good for some of the sleights there, thats why I think you should get the book. Or just don't get it at all, it's for beginners, if you know magic already go for card college series

sounds to me like you jumped in WAY over your head. Royal Road should have been #1. You can't do some stuff in the dvds you have as well until you read royal road. Get the dvd's if you are German, otherwise id say book, books are better than dvd's to me. It sounds like he doesnt know magic already. Card College is a great resource. read it 1-5 and you will get better. Those books along with a few others, are priceless if you really want to do magic.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
No I meant it's cheaper to get the books than the DVD set.

Oct 9, 2007
Even thought I don't know you, I'm certain you don't know all the stuff on all the DVD's you bought. I'm not saying you need to learn ALL the things, but at least the one's you want to learn.

Card Sharp. No way can you do everything on this DVD in just a year aswell as as the Trilogy and all the rest. No way. If you can do it as good as the teacher, you can do it. Otherwise, you can't. And you can't learn all that stuff in a year. Absolutely impossible.

RRTCM should have been your first investment. Be it the DVD or book.

And kaiarz. ARE YOU INSANE???? Of course that stuff is used today. If it worked 30 years ago, why wouldn't it work now? It's not as if the spec is born with knowledge of magic. Sure, SOME of the handling MIGHT be a little outdated, but with the sleights of today you could make the effects into something amazing. Take Designed for Laughter. Instead of using the glide do a DL on the last card, then shoot straight over to Danny Garcia's C.A.A.N and you have an effect that Ellusionist will probably market in a few years for 20 dollars.

Most of Ellusionist stuff can be found in books dated back hunderds of years. Instead of spending 30 bucks on 1 DVD teaching 1 trick, buy the book that will teach you dozens of tricks for 10 dollars. Something like Mark Wilsons Complete Course In Magic. Right there, that's all the magic you will ever need. You can be a working professional magician with just that book.

But, even after this, people will still buy these DVD's. Buy books. Dont buy DVD's. DVD's let you see someone else perform, which you go and copy. Books will let you develop your own personality and techniques that will make you individual and better than the rest. Unless of course you want to be Mr Average who gets over-charged for effects that are re-packaged and re-hyped.

Doesn't matter to me at all. Carry on wasting your money. I'm quite happy sitting here knowing that you will realise in a few years time (if you last that long) that books are the way forward and some (not all) DVD's, especially from E, are just ripping you off.

But hell, you're not going to take my advice, I'm just some bloke on the Internet, right??

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results