Royal Road Unnecessary?

Oct 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I already own Card College by Roberto Giobbi and I'm thinking about buying Royal Road to Card Magic.
But I thought as if both are basic lectures...maybe they contain the same...
Would you advise me to buy the royal road or not?

- muhazz

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
London
It depends how much you're into the history and subtle touches in magic. If you're just looking to learn sleights and tricks to impress laymen then I don't think Royal Road would give you much extra benefit. If you want to go deeper into magic and really become creative with it, I think these older classic texts are incredibly useful. Often you get little points on moves and effects that have been kind of abandoned, but could spark off ideas for you to take in new directions. And, to be fair, Royal Road isn't actually expensive, so even if you buy it and don't get much from it, you aren't losing too much money, and you've always got one of the classic texts of magic to refer to if you ever want it.

Nov 25, 2007
Cyprus
muhazz,
when I started in our fine art, (a while back now), I was advised by all to invest in " The Royal Road to Card Magic". I found it to be a great investment, not only the information between its covers, but also the way the book takes you through the learning process step by step.

There are effects in that book that I still get fantastic reactions from, such as "Do as I do".

I assume you know that a DVD version is available of the book? Its by R.Paul Wilson. I found this also helpfull because its great to actually see the tutorials and effects in action.

Christo

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results