S.W Erdnase - Diagonal Palm Shift

Hey guys I decided to start my reading on magic sleights with Erdnase. So I was practising the Diagonal Palm Shift (DPS) and i got the move down. I got it on camera and it is well hidden, however when i do it to people live, it is flashing from the back ( if you know the move you will know what i mean). While rotating, it flashes.... so can anyone tell me the angles for this palming move?:)

Oct 17, 2007
SG
The diagonal palm shift is supposed to be almost angle proof. I personally am still working on it, but I do know several magicians where I am that can execute this sleight flawlessly.

The magician John Carney (who was one of Dai Vernon's students) has a DVD out on palming where he teaches the DPS. He also performs it shockingly well. Might be worth checking out.

Sep 6, 2007
Ithaca, NY
There are several minor details that can slightly affect your angles with this move (as with any other), so it's difficult to give a simple straightforward answer. Your best bet is a generic solution: keep practicing, and check all of your angles with a mirror. Pause at different moments during the sleight to check for flashes from particularly problematic angles, and consider changing your handling slightly if you find any to be glaring. As was mentioned before, though, if you have this down correctly, you should have minimal angle issues. Keep at it, this one's worth working for.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Wow just checked out some vids of the DPS and that is one smooth move. Anyody got any idea where I could learn this move?

PS - this is my 1st ever post on T11. Hi everybody XD

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Wow just checked out some vids of the DPS and that is one smooth move. Anyody got any idea where I could learn this move?

PS - this is my 1st ever post on T11. Hi everybody XD

Welcome to the forums man!!!

You can learn this move in a number of places but probably the #1 source you're going to get is Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table. You can find hard copies at online stores and magic shops, but being as the copyright (is it that?) or something has gone and is now public domain, you can get it here:

www.erdnase.com

If you go to the search section of that site you'll find it there. You can't miss it. :)

- Sean

Sep 2, 2007
London
I have to say, I tried to learn the move from Erdnase, but I didn't really get it properly until I watched Carney on Palming. If you have trouble with The Expert at the Card Table, then that's the route I'd recommend.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results