Sad Experience

Mar 27, 2011
Today I went to swimming practice(probably none of your business) and came early, so i decided to flourish. Sad thing was that my cards were smacked out of my hands multiple times(and this is not the first). I had to crawl on my knees and pick them up, this happen a couple of times before, but i thought they stopped, but I was wrong. Why would people do this, jealous,annoyed etc?

They're probably more than likely just trying to get attention by doing something they think is funny. Even though it might not of been for you. Sorry bout that bud... I've had it happen a couple times before too there's not much you can do, but try to make the person smile or focus all your magic around that person so he/she is getting the attention they want so they won't bug you. I don't know, someone else here on the forums probably has better thoughts on this than me, hopefully.

Dec 11, 2010
California
I completely agree with Goth. If someone did that to me more then twice I would punch them in the face.

Also the reason why this is happening is because you are not being friendly with them. Get to know them, talk to them, show them a few tricks. It is easy to be anti-social and play with your cards in a corner, but if people see you doing so they will dislike you.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
That's a sad and unfortunate experience. The best advice I can give you is too act like you don't care if they slap your cards out of your hand - make it seem they're only hurting themselves - or to stick up for yourself - say something and don't perform around them.

Apr 1, 2011
Today I went to swimming practice(probably none of your business) and came early, so i decided to flourish. Sad thing was that my cards were smacked out of my hands multiple times(and this is not the first). I had to crawl on my knees and pick them up, this happen a couple of times before, but i thought they stopped, but I was wrong. Why would people do this, jealous,annoyed etc? \\

i would punch him in the face like it my fffffffffff fin card i pay for these u !!!!!!! if they have their friend ti back them up just bring more friend
11111 i am mad nowww i feel ii bro

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Now...first off...it´s bad you are in that kind of environment...it annoys the hell out of me!!

Second...while I support the idea of being nice and not fight hecklers...this is quite different..you are not actually performing...so it´s very rude from them to just come and snap the cards out of your hands..you should ask what is his problem with a straight face...and if they don´t stop...well you get the idea...

edit: or take them to "Bully Beatdown"

I've been thinking about this ever since I posted earlier and I realized that I haven't had anyone do this to me since I first started. I think the reason why I haven't is because I get asked occasionally by people, "What would happen if I threw all your cards on the floor." and to be honest I generally respond to them, "I'd probably beat the (whatever vulgarity you wish to insert here) out of you..." Not that I try to be mean to anyone. I mean like everyone still enjoys being around me and loves watching me perform, but one thing they do know is not to make me angry by throwing my cards on the ground without cause. Luckily, I've never actually beat anyone up over cards before :D. Plus I guess people generally view me as a crazed lunatic most of the time anyways...

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Bullies suck! I'm sure jealousy is the deep seeded reason for this behavior. There are several ways to go with this. You can fight back and punch them but that usually results in you getting hit back which isn't too much fun if they punch hard. You can follow the old saying "if you can't beet them join them". By that I mean you can join in and make fun of yourself. Pick the cards back up and then smack them out of your own hands. Tell him that's how a real man smacks cards! You could start a prank war (if you think the bully is a good sport). The thing with pranks is not to damage property or cause physical harm. Wrap half a roll of duct tape around his wallet sealing it in. Be sure to wrap with shorter strips (about 12"-24") and from different angles so it doesn't come off in one long easy piece. Wrapping a backpack is equally amusing. If he is a fellow swimmer after he has changed into his swim suit tie knots in the legs of the pants he wore that day. Make them tight and try for two knots per leg. You can also duct tape the legs closed too with a good tight wrapping. If you want to leave an impression on him take some old decks of cards and tear them up into little pieces. Fill his backpack, locker, shoes and pockets. All it takes is a little planning and guts. I like pranks.

Or like LV said take them on Bully Beatdown

May 4, 2011
People do this for a variety or combination of reasons. The important part is not understanding why they do it because it can't be prevented. If someone really wants to do it; they will find a way. Stand up for yourself but there is no need to get violent about it. Whether you are actually performing or not; people will still know who is in the wrong. Pick up your cards and be humble.

Mar 27, 2011
I hav tried that before, going strait up to them and saying"whats your problem?" Unfortunatly they just laugh in my face and kick the cards around while they are still on the floor. It really annoys me but I am not a violent person. The thing is they Love my card tricks, and I mean LOVE. But they think its funny that my cards are all over the floor and that im on my knees picking them up.

Jan 20, 2009
California
I hav tried that before, going strait up to them and saying"whats your problem?" Unfortunatly they just laugh in my face and kick the cards around while they are still on the floor. It really annoys me but I am not a violent person. The thing is they Love my card tricks, and I mean LOVE. But they think its funny that my cards are all over the floor and that im on my knees picking them up.
There is no reason for anyone to smack cards out of your hand. and there is no reason for you to keep showing them magic
i dont care if they love it. there are some many othere people out there who love to see magic and in return will treat you with
respect.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Today I went to swimming practice(probably none of your business) and came early, so i decided to flourish. Sad thing was that my cards were smacked out of my hands multiple times(and this is not the first). I had to crawl on my knees and pick them up, this happen a couple of times before, but i thought they stopped, but I was wrong. Why would people do this, jealous,annoyed etc?

next time spring the cards in his face ... and run !!!
or buy "electric touch"

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Jokes and pranks aside I agree with Rich on this one. Even if they LOVE your magic don't perform for them or even take out cards around them if they're gonna be jerks about it. You are providing entertainment which is a privilege to them. If they can't behave accordingly... no more magic. If they ask why you don't do tricks for them anymore tell them it's because they keep smacking the cards. There are better people out there to spend your energy and talent on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results