Safest way to use flash paper?

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited, thanks to all of the awesome and uber cool magic kiddos here at Theory11. Your advice and professionalism regarding my many postings here on this site has been invaluable....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I got mine just today, and trust me it burns so fast that I doubt you'll get burned, although I burned it sticking to a card and not in my hands.

L

Liam Carrie

The Safest Ways to use flash paper are
1. WEar Gloves
2. train a monkey to become a magician to take your job as a flash paper burner
3. Let go of it while it's lit (note: this only works if no forrests are around, you might burn down the whole bloody forrest)
4. Dare one of your friends to shove the paper up their nose, but just until it sticks out a little, And when you light it :) You'll be safe :)
(Note: these are just the retarded opinions of liam carrie)

Reactions: nye m
There is no safe way to use any fire product, period. There are ways you can minimize the dangers, but there will always be that possibility of something going wrong. And it normally happens when you least expect it. But...flash paper is generally ok if the environment is right.

Also keep in mind flash paper doesn't always burn the same. Some pieces burn faster than others. And yes, it is very possible to get burned with flash paper if misused. If you're just getting started, buy an extra pack or so and just get used to it in general.

-Steve

Flash paper is great, but you can't be afraid of it.

I literally just held a piece in my hand and lit it. It does heat up quite a bit but it won't burn you. Now, that is certainly not the safest way to use it, but you get my drift.

Just be careful and only use it within the limits you want. You can throw it in the air and that is good enough misdirection to produce something.

Me, I mainly use it in my hands, but I am also a chef in a resturant and I can barely feel heat unless its extreemly hot.

flash paper is not dangerous, i could stick flash rope to flash paper, swallow the paper, light the rope and be fine.

You should be come a fire-eater.

As Steve said, anything with fire is always dangerous. Which is why you have to be over a certain age on some websites to order it.

Depending on the size of the piece is how fast it will burn up. When you light it, toss it in the air a very small amount, it should go out or be milliseconds from burning out.

That of course if your really worried about being burned. As for a spectator I would give you help but, I don't know the method for the effect your speaking of so, I suggest trying to find someone who owns the effect.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results