Sandwich Tricks

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey Josh, you can have a dig in the search the forums feature for what you're looking for too. There have been three other such threads recently, at least two of them in the last week... And so, for the fourth time, I repeat this post:

"Dirty Stinkin' Ape in the Middle, from Tyler Wilson's book Dominatricks. Pros - Clever, very clean, natural misdirection only one fairly easy move needed. Cons - Provided patter can be a little corny/inadequate imo. Generally my workhorse, the one I perform most.

A Simple Sandwich, from Aaron Fisher's book The Paper Engine. Pros - Uses only one sleight, simple construction, solid and tight routine in every action, invisible. Cons - That one move is fairly hard. Doesn't appear as visual/impossible as the other two imo. I perform this less but it's very solid. With Gravity Half-Pass down it's also invisible, no-one can tell something happened.

Half-Vanish, from Daniel Madison's Dangerous Vol. I - Mystique. Pros - Creative routine, moat visual of the three, incorporates a nice vanish. Cons - Most complicated of the three to perform, harder to get perfect and it'll be obvious if it's not perfect. I'm still practicing it but it'd be more suitable for energetic small groups if you've got them on side.

Another one on the same DVD is Catch - I don't like it and don't use it, I don't like the flourishy style combined with magic, and even the DVD performance is hesitant and sus imo.

I like all three for different reasons and perform them in different situations. Hope this gives you a few more leads.."

Sep 3, 2007
[Blatant thread bump=4757Joshua2]

Hey, I forgot to say thank you! Thanks for your help everybody!
[/blatant thread bump]

Hey Josh,

I have a "sandwich trick" that I thought of awhile back. The difficulty is high and I'm not too good at making it work. It's very John Bannon style in that it's a faro sandwich trap. PM me for details.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results