Saturday Night Contest 08.09.08 - One More Final Cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hi guys - time for this week's Saturday Night Contest. Listen to the dizzle on this week's shizzle right herr. After listening, keep reading.

The time now is 7:30pm EST. From this moment, you have 3 hours and 30 minutes to create a NEW flourish or cut of your own. Start from scratch. Start from nothing. It can be false. It can be real. It can be a cut. It can be a display. The choice is yours. We're looking for creativity. (MAJOR points here)

By 11:00pm EST, post a link to a short video of your creation in this thread. Videos can be uploaded to any of the major video sharing sites - Viddler, YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, etc. Be sure to budget enough time for the video to upload and convert - this can take several minutes, and all videos must be posted and viewable on or before 11:00pm EST.

The theory11 crew will judge submissions based on creativity and overall presentation. We're not expecting everyone to come up with the next BackpackMolecule7000xLethalBackpack cut in 3 hours. But sometimes - when you have to - you can surprise even yourself by pushing the limits of your own potential.

The winner tonight will receive a deck of White Centurions signed by yours truly. Pictures of the White Centurions will be uploaded and provided here in a few moments. The clock is ticking. Good luck to all - looking forward to seeing the submissions!

Update : Winner has been announced! Check it here.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Aww darn i wish i had enough creativity to do this. Meh, i'll probably pass on this. Good luck to every one else though.

P.S. Does the sloppiness of the performance affect anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I was just messing around with a deck, and made something pretty cool up. Like a cross between a sybil and Sick and Twisted wings of the mockingbird.

Not nearly as complex as it sounds. Its quite simple looking, actually, it just uses one or two moves from each flourish. I really have to get a camera/

Aug 9, 2008
ha ha ha,Mo way Man I rather keep my creations to myself,good luck to everyone

else,I would have done it if it was signed by Madison though,OH and Andrei keep

up the good work

Jan 14, 2008
I'm almost ready!!... I have the flourish already (completeley original): something more or less like Madonna3, Lethal and LethalX, but created by me.

But I don't have a camera !!!
I need to get one

.Cästillo.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Ok here's mine. Its REALLY sloppy. I had to come up with this is 30 minutes and then practice for 30 minutes, and then it took me a million tries to get it good. However, i did not suceed, so i went with the best performance where i could actually get it done. Anways, its the Double Hot Shot Cut. I believe its original, i discovered it myself. If its, not then...oh well. You really cant see much in the performance which is why i include a desciption underneath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfySiwdi7Gg

DOUBLE HOT SHOT CUT- Similar to the regular Hot Shot Cut. One minor difference is that 2 cards are shot out instead of one. These two cards can be whatever you want, meaning you have control over the cards produced.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Andrei, can I make a video of my performance of "skater cut" by Dan and Dave?
It's different from what they taught, and to me, it's a lot better.
Kind of like a "Skater cut revisited".

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Pictures are here! Sweeeeeeet (By far one of the most if not THE most rare deck in the world) If one decides to sell this on Ebay...prices would go up as high as an arm and a leg.

-Andrei Jikh

Attachments

• dsc0129ayo1.jpg
    dsc0129ayo1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 133
  • dsc0121axv9.jpg
    dsc0121axv9.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 150
  • dsc0128ayv1.jpg
    dsc0128ayv1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
DannyT,

You can definately do the Skater Cut however...remember the criteria...creativity scores major points and variations won't score as much as something that's original. It's all up to how you want to strategically approach this.

-Andrei Jikh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results