Saturday Night Contest - An Oscar-Worthy Movie Poster!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Tomorrow we release our collaboration with the Academy Awards, which is a very high honor to be able to be associated with the highest honor in filmmaking - The Oscars. Since this event revolves around films, it's perfect time to bring this contest back. We love this type of contest as it's always something fresh and unique every time, so let's get into it.

What's the challenge? Your objective is to make a movie poster by taking a dramatic shot featuring yourself (or another person) and any deck of your choice. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie! You can even put a plot synopsis in the description if you would like. Make this look like a film that is about to win an Oscar!

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram (or uploaded directly to forums in your response) using the hashtag #theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Points, and 6 Decks of Academy Awards Playing Cards!

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

Aug 22, 2022
I saw that too....

The shot is slightly different, and I think Caleb was a great choice as a winner. He obviously put effort into his poster. As I've never seen Theory 11 reverse a decision of who won a SNC, I think it would be wise to just all give our best in the next contest, and let Casey Rudd and the T11 team members do their thing. :)

Great job everyone, there was some awesome creativity in this contest.

Reactions: Micahthemagician
Dec 7, 2021
www.youtube.com
The shot is slightly different, and I think Caleb was a great choice as a winner. He obviously put effort into his poster. As I've never seen Theory 11 reverse a decision of who won a SNC, I think it would be wise to just all give our best in the next contest, and let Casey Rudd and the T11 team members do their thing. :)

Yeah that make sense!
Great job everybody!!!!

I agree with everything except that he put a lot of effort into it. He already had made the poster. He was also the first one to post. This probably only took him about 5 minutes to make.

Sep 30, 2021
www.youtube.com
I agree with everything except that he put a lot of effort into it. He already had made the poster. He was also the first one to post. This probably only took him about 5 minutes to make.
Wow. To say i didn’t put any effort in is just rude, i posted first because i have a reminder every saturday for SNC so i never miss it and so i have plenty of time, to say it took me 5 minutes would be true if you switched the minutes with hours. This was not an easy photo to make and the editing took forever. (i had to add the city lights and everything else) while the base photo was similar to other one that’s where the similarities end. I’m very excited i won considering the amount of work i put in. I didn’t mean to make controversy. Thanks to Theory11 again for hosting such awesome competitions weekly!

Aug 22, 2022
Wow. To say i didn’t put any effort in is just rude, i posted first because i have a reminder every saturday for SNC so i never miss it and so i have plenty of time, to say it took me 5 minutes would be true if you switched the minutes with hours. This was not an easy photo to make and the editing took forever. (i had to add the city lights and everything else) while the base photo was similar to other one that’s where the similarities end. I’m very excited i won considering the amount of work i put in. I didn’t mean to make controversy. Thanks to Theory11 again for hosting such awesome competitions weekly!

Duly noted, good job.

And now, I would advise we all let the matter drop, and I personally would discourage further posts on this thread. Again, I doubt anybody meant any disrespect, but I see no reason to escalate this further (even if it be accidentally.) ZigZag214 is correct, we should all let the matter drop.

Good luck in future contests everyone!

Reactions: Micahthemagician
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results