Saturday Night Contest - Any Last Words?

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Tonight, we wanted to do something different; a little more serious; a bit inspirational. The goal of tonight's Saturday Night Contest is simple. By remembering what it is about this art that inspires each of us - we can, collectively, inspire each other.

Your job tonight is to summarize the entire experience of magic as you see it in a single, memorable, and hopefully poetic quote. If you could tell your grandchildren something about the experience of magic and astonishment in 50 words or less, to inspire them to make the leap themselves (or at least to take the art more seriously, in the future) what would that be? What quote would you wish to be engraved upon your tombstone when your time has passed? What statement would you leave as your legacy?

We're looking for those quotes that are inspirational, intellectually stimulating, and have been constructed with all the rules of grammar in punctuation in mind. Obviously, all submissions should be solely your own words - and must be submitted as a response to this thread by 11:00pm EST tonight, for review. Note that there is a limit of only one entry per participant tonight, to ensure all quotes are judged as fairly as possible.

The winner tonight will receive a 1-on-1 training video of your choosing - as well as the opportunity to author an article on magic (the topic of which, would be of your choosing) to be featured on the main page of our site for one week's time - as well as here in the forums - should you desire / choose to do so.

What would you leave as your legacy? Looking forward to reading all of your entries!

Sep 2, 2007
???
I seek truth and applause.

I stand tall, sculpting cards of fire and night.
Creating not just flames, but real human spark.
Inking the pages of the book we call life,
Creating a story like no other.

You are my muse, and
I become my mask and art.

N.B
I realise that its not a quote as such, but I wanted to say far too much. So what could be better than a poem to express my thoughts on the matter. I might turn this into a full poem for the heck of it at some point. I actually had other ideas on the poem, dealing with the split personality of the performer and his persona [an interesting concept altogether], but its rather less upbeat and positive than this. Still I guess magic is the same as everything else in life, it has its ups and downs and we all approach it differently. It certainly doesn't make any take on the form any less worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
I have actually been using this one lately.

"Think like a Magician, fool Magicians. Think like a PROFESSIONAL Magician, ASTOUND the world!"

Dec 30, 2008
"This is how I met your mother."

It's simple and to the point, I met my future wife through magic. And we're planning to have children.... hence the mother part....

:D Well good luck to everyone!! :D

Sep 2, 2007
Magic takes your money, your time, and alot of work. But it's worth it when you realize how happy you can make someone. you can be a candle in the darkness for them. And the feeling you get from that knowledge is just... Magical...

Jul 13, 2009
“Its your life, you only get one so live it up and take risks. Just make sure you can look back at your actions and answer this question with a yes, ‘Did I do my best?’”

I live by this quote, which is partially my own and my grandfather’s mantra. It is a family line, which has been passed from my family since the great depression it has changed as it is passed through the family. It applies to most everything that I do in my life and has gotten me very far in my life. Did I dress my best for the situation? Was my performance the best? Did I do my best in that interview?

Apr 20, 2009
Mines short, but here it goes..

magic is felt as thought every illusion, was the first

Good Luck to all!

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Subterfuge occurs in the hands, Magic in the mind, Miracles in the Heart. It is the job of the magician to create Magic and Miracles by creating magic with feeling. Go out and create Miracles and share the feeling with others.

Jul 19, 2009
the miracles say yes but your mind says no. dont try to resist the impossible.

-M.

well that was my best shot lol. good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 17, 2009
United Kingdom
Magic I believe is here stain the brain
It is not a pain but instead here to entertain
The look of astonishment should act as a drug
at the same time make you feel smug.
You can do what others cannot
which in ways makes you a crackpot.
So stay true to the art
and keep it close at heart
as magic is special
so stay loyal

Thanks
Josh

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Just made it on 50 words.

"If you take a good look, you’ll realize that true magic is not in the tricks themselves, rather it is the people and experiences that the tricks brought to you. And when you look back upon them in your sunset years, you’ll realize you’ve made the right choice pursuing it."

-Michael

"It's Magic, that's all you need to understand. There is no Sleight Of Hand, there's no such thing as a Gimmick, you've never seen that man before in you're life, and the action of their fingers snapping, really just did that. It's Magic, and that's what they should always believe."

(Don't pick me, I don't wanna win :D. I'm just doing it for the lulz :p.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results