Saturday Night Contest - Anything In The Room

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend! We love to see new creations, and it always puts a smile on our face when we see creativity at work. Tonight, we want you to find ANYTHING in the room you are in right now, and create an effect using those objects.

The objects can be literally anything - Paperclips, Pens, USB Drives, Sunglasses, Soda Cans, etc. Get together a couple of objects and put your mind to the test! The more diverse and creative the effect is, the better!

If you are wondering, you can use cards if you have them in your room right now. But remember, we are looking for something outside the box and original, so choose wisely!

Judging criteria is as follows: we are looking for which effect is the most original and creative overall, and we are factoring in performance/execution. Practicality is not a part of the criteria, so it can be an effect that you can perform from only one strict angle. EVERYTHING is fair game, as long as there are no camera cuts/tricks/special editing. Also, one entry per member, so make it count!

Upload the performance of your created effect to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (make sure it is public so we can see it during judging), and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points and your choice of one of our new apparel items (Henley or Badge Logo Tee)

Good luck!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Question for Casey:

When the rules state, "we want you to find ANYTHING in the room you are in right now, and create an effect using those objects."

Does this mean that we are only restricted to ONLY the contents of the room that we were in the moment we read the rules?

If this is the case, I'm restricted to whatever is in the kids bathroom. So ether I'm really screwed, or we are going to see color changing toilet cleaning disks

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Question for Casey:

When the rules state, "we want you to find ANYTHING in the room you are in right now, and create an effect using those objects."

Does this mean that we are only restricted to ONLY the contents of the room that we were in the moment we read the rules?

If this is the case, I'm restricted to whatever is in the kids bathroom. So ether I'm really screwed, or we are going to see color changing toilet cleaning disks
Quick question for Brett.

If this isn't to personal, why are you on the TXI forums in your kids' bathroom...?

Reactions: KyleB10

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Quick question for Brett.

If this isn't to personal, why are you on the TXI forums in your kids' bathroom...?

Not personal at all. But I will make you sorry.

About every 24 hours, my spider-sense tells me that I have to drop a grumpy.

It just so happened that one of the children-faced ones were using the other bathroom. Don't ask why. I guess it was because the lifts were already on in there. So I have to NFL plow my way to the only other bathroom in the house. This was around the same time Casey Rudd comes on ever Saturday and tells us, 'I have free stuff! But you're going to work for it!'

So, I'm multitasking. And then the rules lawyer in me proceeds to fill me with an inescapable dread, in that I may be restricted strictly to the items in their bathroom. And here I am now, making an inquiry on if we are permanently affixed to the items to a certain room, or if we are able to change it upon the contingency that the original room flat out sucks.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I took your advice. But I was meandering from room to room while reading the rules.

So now I have 3 different rooms to pick from and I have more questions.

CASEY! I NEED YOU!
Technically the definition of a room according to google is "space that can be occupied or where something can be done" So, maybe a house is truely just one Big room......

Or not.......

I don't know I didn't graduate college.....

Jan 13, 2016
Well, I don't have time and there was no word about a date of video :D Sorry guys, if someone feel bad about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results