Saturday Night Contest - Behind the Back

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you are all having a great weekend! I saw a really interesting video on Twitter last night that was posted by Blake Vogt, and it definitely got me thinking. Cardistry behind the back is no easy task; not only can you not see your hands, your range of motion is greatly restricted. It forces you to be a bit more precise. This week's challenge is inspired by Blake's behind-the-back performance.

The challenge is to film yourself doing any cardistry move behind the back in the cleanest way possible. It can be a move that already exists, or an original creation of your own. Make sure you practice your flourish, as we are looking for a clean performance! Make sure your video performance is 30 seconds or less, and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Once it is uploaded, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 13th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner. Each participant gets a maximum of two entries a piece.

Judging criteria is as follows: cleanliness of performance, level of difficulty, and bonus points for originality. The submission that executes this criteria the best overall will take home this week's prize.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 Decks of Black Tycoon Playing Cards, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

This should be a fun one! We can't wait to see your entries - get to it!

Last edited:

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
If you dig into the twitter page that Blake posted on you can get the raw video source link. Here's the link I found that you can attach to your broken link that leads straight to the video.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/642549347037483009/pu/vid/1280x720/7LOGAKVu6ghqUJEn.mp4

Also, the instagram link doesn't work because Blake's instagram account is private, any attempt to share with people who aren't following Blake results in instagram blocking you from seeing his post. If you're following him the link works just fine. If not, then it doesn't work.

Hope that helps.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
What move are you doing? It looks like a half werm or cylinder.

yeah it is half cylinder but the first half is not werm its a kind of fancy grip (some say its grip some say its flourish) :D
by the way are you not submitting anything? i kind of anticipate your work like your photography

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
yeah it is half cylinder but the first half is not werm its a kind of fancy grip (some say its grip some say its flourish) :D
by the way are you not submitting anything? i kind of anticipate your work like your photography
I'm going to sit this one out. I don't have the time to practice and shoot at the moment. As of right now, I rather stick to still images, maybe when I get my new camera and a microphone (if I can work that into my budget) I'll consider shooting video stuff. I've noticed that all my videos I've entered are sub-par video quality wise.

Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
here's my second entry. now that I have posted both of my entries, I can't do anything but play street fighter or donkey Kong.
not that I have that much chances :D after just looking at the name of Josh Burch. Just oh my god and hes doing Sybil behind the back. :D I am already feeling dead. :D (indirectly saying amazing man)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
here's my second entry. now that I have posted both of my entries, I can't do anything but play street fighter or donkey Kong.
not that I have that much chances :D after just looking at the name of Josh Burch. Just oh my god and hes doing Sybil behind the back. :D I am already feeling dead. :D (indirectly saying amazing man)

Thanks, you have skills for sure! I'm enjoying watching these :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results