Saturday Night Contest - Camera Tricks

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! Normally, camera tricks are a big no-no in magic - a violation of "what you see is what you get" when experiencing magic through the lens of a camera. This week, for this contest, that rule is lifted - this week, it's all about camera tricks.

The challenge for this week is to use Vine or Instagram to accomplish an amazing, magical effect. Video edits and camera cuts are the name of the game, but all methods are on the table. The result should be a very magical effect that may not be authentic, but it MUST be creative, deceptive, and entertaining.

You can do any effect you like, just make sure that it is off-the-wall, creative, and most of all - deceptive. One rule: you can only use Vine or Instagram video for this contest. Once you've made your Vine or Instagram video, use the hashtag #theory11 and post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 11th. Once time is up our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Reactions: Dean Magic

faizpardesi

Elite Member
Jun 11, 2016
Dubai, UAE
I'm kinda lost, the challenge is to accomplish/create any magic trick using the aid of video editing? Am I right?

Edit: Is there any time restriction on the video? (I've never made vines but Instagram allows 60 seconds)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I'm kinda lost, the challenge is to accomplish/create any magic trick using the aid of video editing? Am I right?

Edit: Is there any time restriction on the video? (I've never made vines but Instagram allows 60 seconds)
Yes. Use editing to accomplish an effect. Be creative and smooth with the editing. We want it to look like there were no edits involved!

Instagram/Vine are limited in time, so keep it under 60 seconds for Instagram and under 6 seconds on Vine. Whichever platform can accomplish your effect the best, go for it.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
is cheesyness a good thing? like can the camera trick be in your face obvious? or are we wanting the viewer to say 'hmm was that real?' and not 'well hang on before he did that move he was wearing a red shirt now his shirt is green and it's day time outside!'

Reactions: Gimmicked XD

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
is cheesyness a good thing? like can the camera trick be in your face obvious? or are we wanting the viewer to say 'hmm was that real?' and not 'well hang on before he did that move he was wearing a red shirt now his shirt is green and it's day time outside!'
We are looking for a smooth edit, to question if it was a real edit or not. However, we are looking for something creative, so go for it!

Reactions: Gimmicked XD
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results