Saturday Night Contest - Capture The Moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.bayme, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Hey everyone! This week's challenge is inspired by the photograph that Andrei Jikh posted on Instagram yesterday afternoon.

The challenge this week is to showcase one of YOUR favorite magic OR cardistry techniques in ONE photograph. For example: capture a card spring, coin vanish, the climax of Edge by Mathieu Bich, an object levitating - the sky is the limit. The only rule: no camera tricks. Capture a REAL, epic moment. The more creative and artistic, the better. Of course, it's okay to use Instagram filters for style purposes.

Take your photo with Instagram, and hashtag it with #theory11. That way, we can find your photo. If we can't find your photo, we can't judge your photo. You have a full 24 hours to make it happen. If possible, post a link to your picture in response to THIS forum thread no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, April 21st. Limit of ONE entry per person, so take your time and make your picture the best that it can be.

This week's contest will be judged by theory11 vp of production Andrei Jikh. What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Member Points, 6 Decks of Artisan Playing Cards, 6 Decks of Monarch Playing Cards, and Out of My Mind by Spidey.

Four prizes for ONE photo. Are you in it to win it? Make it happen! Good luck, everyone!

UPDATE - Time is up, and the results have been posted!

2. What if i cant use instagram. Could i just post a pic??

3. That was my question. What if I don't have or use Instagram?

4. How many entries are we allowed?

5. Does it have to be instagram?

I don't have an instagram account. Is there an alternative way to post it?

6. I dont use instagram or twitter...but i would love to win thoose prizes because in my country there are no theory11 products...how can i enteer?

7. then make an istagram account and use it, that's simple solution because this is what I did

8. Limit ONE entry per member, so make 'em count!

9. For this specific contest, Instagram submissions are preferred for easy judging and a level playing field. If you don't have Instagram (and cannot download and install it free), you can post a link to your picture in response to this forum thread.

10. #10 aledecler, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    until when day or hour i can upload the picture?

edit..i just see " no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, April 21st"

11. Is it a random drawing for the winner or based on skill and technicality of the shot?

12. Based on creativity and overall impact as determined by our contest judge this week: Andrei Jikh!

13. #15 DavidR, Apr 20, 2013
    this is my entry :D

14. #16 DavidR, Apr 20, 2013
    This is my entry for Saturday Night Contest - Capture The Moment

Cardistry live performance on stage with my thumb fan :
    instagram.com/p/YWL1ymEEGF/#

hope you like this pic :D
    THANKS

15. make "IT" count :p

16. #18 bigfatmagic, Apr 20, 2013
    My entry.

Card spring from a perfect tabled Faro shuffle. (thanks Jason England and T11 for providing the DL to that) Best of luck to all!

http://instagram.com/p/YWZGRZM-IC/