Saturday Night Contest - Collective Brainstorm : Round III

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Last week, we unveiled the identities of the two theory11 artists collaborating on the recently announced FIVE project (Daniel Garcia and Marcus Eddie). Daniel and Marcus are both extremely talented and creative magicians, and will be judging tonight's Saturday Night Contest - which represents round three in our Collective Brainstorm sessions.

The challenge this week is to create and film the best magic effect using one of, any of, or all of, the following five random objects - which just so happen to be associated with the FIVE project (more details coming soon): a paperclip, a dollar bill, a rubberband, Tic Tacs (or mints), and a coin. You can use two of those objects, three of those objects, four of those objects, or all of them; it's your choice. Just to review: one paperclip, one bill, one rubberband, one coin, and Tic Tacs (or mints). Major points for originality, but the effect does not need to be completely original - we're just looking for creativity, execution, and presentation more than anything else.

Some examples? Cause a penny to visually change into a folded dollar bill while sealed inside a Tic Tac container. Make a paperclip jump on and off a rubberband, at will. Take a signed coin and visually change it into a mint; leaving the same coin inside the mint container, which has been in clear view the entire time. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

Note that you can utilize other objects, if necessary - as long as the five primary visible tools are the aforementioned objects. However you make the magic happen is in your hands. All entries should be uploaded to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and submitted as a reply to this thread by 11:00pm EST, for judging by Daniel Garcia and Marcus Eddie.

The winner tonight will receive a copy of FIVE at release, sent completely on the house. Good luck guys - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Hey guys! First of all I love the idea for the contest. I was looking at the objects I was allowed to use and came up with this little effect.

The video is in no way flashy or music filled because I'm working with ... crappy software...

I think Daniel Garcia will like this little effect, and I love his effects, art, performances.. etc...

So here it is, my submission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQLLLdRh8kk

Not gonna be late this time!

~Robert

May 31, 2008
I almost bought some tic-tacs today...weird...

Sounds like a cool contest, I missed the other two, so I'm very excited about this. I have to get to work!

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Ok this maybe the WEIRDEST question youll ever come accross but please respond ASAP...

So my parents are away today and its like 8 am now...and theres no bills around (there are but my bro knows where and hes sleeping right now)... So is it possible to use the monopoly game bills?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Ok this maybe the WEIRDEST question youll ever come accross but please respond ASAP...

So my parents are away today and its like 8 am now...and theres no bills around (there are but my bro knows where and hes sleeping right now)... So is it possible to use the monopoly game bills?

Im pretty sure thats fine

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results