Saturday Night Contest - Create a Trick!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys, sorry for the delay in the contest posting! There was supposed to be one that went up at 7:30 EST but apparently it failed to post. I'm on vacation but I am dedicated to making sure you guys get an SNC every week. Super sorry about the delay!

This week's contest is simple - create a trick! Only one rule, it HAS to be something you create specifically for this contest. The purpose of this challenge is to get you thinking on the spot and seeing what you can create in a short period of time. It can be ANY effect in any genre - all we are looking for is the creativity, performance/execution, and which effect leaves the best lasting impression. Do something completely outside the box, and you will be well rewarded.

Upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than Monday, August 7th (my birthday!) at 11:00pm EST. Deadline is extended this week as the contest is posted late. Once again - apologies this wasn't posted on time!

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, Akkelian Envelopes by Spidey, and 6 Decks of Jimmy Fallon Playing Cards, shipped on the house anywhere in the world!

Good luck!

2. It's okay Casey. I say your story on Instagram, so I understand.

Good luck guys!!!!

3. Good luck everyone!!!

4. Good luck everyone!

5. Happy birthday, Casey!!!
    I read this post after Taekwon-Do so I decided to do this.

010rusty, notsoltd, Furrukh and 3 others like this.
  6. Great SNC - my favourite ;)
    Took me a while but this is what I came up with - BLANK ASSEMBLY :)

7. Took some hard work to come up with the mechanism behind this one.

Enjoy!

8. Good Luck Everyone!!

Khaleel Olaiky likes this.
  9. By the way, I forgot to mention that the card that vanishes is never hooked up to anything (so there is never any sticky residue left on it or anything like that). The card is freely selected, not doctored in any way, and can be signed.

10. It reminds me quite a lot of Zach Mueller's Fontain move.

11. Just to make sure (I'm bad with time zones) there are about 23 hours from now????

12. Zach's move is completely different. Mine uses a gimmicked card (one of the kings) which will allow to show both sides once the card has vanished and an ultra quick vanish. The only similarity that really exists is that it's a plot where a card vanishes. That's about it, completely different method-wise.

13. Looks like Twizted by Eric Jones.

HectorE1 likes this.
  14. Twizted, as far as I am concerned, doesn't work with signed cards.

15. English is not my first language thats why you might feel that I am thinking in bw lines. Had fun making this, Good luck to all

010rusty likes this.
  16. Happy birthday Casey have a magical day :)
    here is my entry, (no stooges are involved in this video, this trick can really be done live)

010rusty, Furrukh and Gabriel Z. like this.
  17. Just wanted to add that my entry was not one of those vids where I kept on trying until I got a desired result

Maaz Hasan likes this.
  18. Er, so when you replied, there were about 11 hours. You have like, 6 and a quarter from now.

Khaleel Olaiky likes this.
  19. Its my birthday tomorrow too!

Maaz Hasan likes this.
  20. Happy Birthday Casey!!