Saturday Night Contest - Dive of Death Poster Challenge

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
The official Dive of Death poster was unveiled yesterday afternoon on iTricks and in the theory11 news section. See the official poster as an attachment to this forum post. Check it out upside down, too - dope. Word. Fashizzle.

In celebration of the DB special this coming week, this week's SNC is a tribute to David Blaine. The challenge tonight is to make your own Dive of Death poster. Make it funny. Make it creative. Make it a photo. Make it a photoshop. Whatever you want.

The rules are simple: you cannot use the original poster graphic in your submission in any way - it must be entirely your own creation. All submissions must be family friendly, appropriate, and respectful. And all image submissions must be posted in response to this thread on or before 11:00pm EST. You can upload your submission to ImageShack.us, PhotoBucket, TinyPic, or any other major photo sharing site.

What are we looking for? Show us your creativity. Make us laugh. Anything is fair game. Need a sample idea? Do it dressed up like David Blaine. Take a picture of yourself upside down. The funnier, the more creative, the better. Have fun with it.

Winner takes home a 6 pack of Split Spade Lions, shipped on the house from us to you. Good luck!
_

Attachments

• Db_DoD_PosterT11.jpg
    Db_DoD_PosterT11.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 267
Jan 13, 2008
By "it must be entirely your own creation," does that mean we can't use images from anyone else? Like, we can't patch together some images we find on google? Please clarify, as that would effect my submission. Thanks! :)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
By "it must be entirely your own creation," does that mean we can't use images from anyone else? Like, we can't patch together some images we find on google? Please clarify, as that would effect my submission. Thanks! :)

You can use other images, just not the actual Dive of Death poster art (as that is copyrighted by DB and Mark Stutzman).

Jan 13, 2008
You can use other images, just not the actual Dive of Death poster art (as that is copyrighted by DB and Mark Stutzman).
Okay, thanks for the clarification!

Although, since then I've decided to do it completely by hand (well, by pointer on the screen)...we'll see how it goes. I may end up adding in something else, if need be. We'll see. :)

Nov 30, 2007
Yes it is supposed to look cheesy and yes this should be the official poster. Best of luck to everyone!

Attachments

• lunapic-12219552682844.jpg
    lunapic-12219552682844.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 127
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results