Saturday Night Contest - Fake Magic Exposure v2

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What’s up guys and girls! Time for another awesome Saturday Night Contest!

A while ago we hosted a contest about Fake Magic Exposure. It was fun - we got a ton of submissions and everyone had a great time. But more importantly, it made a difference. When searching for "Pressure Revealed" or the like, it made those seeking exposure confused at which videos were what they wanted and which, like these, were just in good humor.

This makes a huge difference in the fight against exposure that is so rampant within this industry. Every little bit counts. It helps us all and the artists - like Mathieu Bich, like Daniel Garcia, and many more - whose families and livelihoods depend on their creations. With all that said, it's time for round two! Let's have some fun...

All you have to do for tonight’s contest is pick out ANY effect and “reveal” it on VIDEO in a funny yet illogical way! It’s super easy, and all you need is a video camera and a trick to make a fake tutorial for. For example, you could make a video explaining Pressure that involved duct tape, 3 toothpicks, and the cast of Twilight. You can even make MULTIPLE videos to enter tonight; you aren't limited to just one entry! Bonus points if your video(s) is/are comical and can make us fall out of our chairs laughing. The more creative, the better.

Entries tonight should be posted on YouTube, Vimeo, or any other website in which we can publicly view your submission. Make sure your video settings are listed to ‘Public’ so we can see everyone’s submissions! Entries should be posted in THIS forum thread no later than 11:00PM EST for judging!

We encourage you to KEEP your submission online long after tonight's contest ends. Let's fight exposure and have a little bit of fun in the process. ;)

The winner tonight will take home a hot topic of discussion this past week - TWO prizes! A deck of DeckONE and the now sold-out Smoke and Mirrors v5 playing cards. If you missed your chance to grab one before, or you're looking to add one more to your collection, this is your chance. You'll also get TWO scratch card entries into this year's holiday contest, shipped on the house.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Have fun with this one! As an obvious note, make sure your "fake" exposure video is far enough away from the real method as to not lead anyone in the right direction. The Pressure idea Casey mentioned is perfect; things like that will be hilarious and really aid in the fight to drown out REAL exposure videos on YouTube. We do our best to fight exposure and copyright infringement daily, but with your help, we can make a real difference.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
If it counts, I'd like to submit my pressure video form the last round. I was too late, so it never made it in for judging. But it has received some funny responses (the rudest of which I delete).

http://bit.ly/T11Pressure

Interestingly enough, I've got a bunch of subscribers to my channel because of that video. I believe this works.

also

A new one I did for tonights contest is Calen Morelli's Dresscode. My wife was howling watching it. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRh6pJMYyY

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If it counts, I'd like to submit my pressure video form the last round. I was too late, so it never made it in for judging. But it has received some funny responses (the rudest of which I delete).

I will try to come up with another, but likely won't have time, so if you will consider it for this round, that would be wicked.

http://bit.ly/T11Pressure

Interestingly enough, I've got a bunch of subscribers to my channel because of that video. I believe this works.

haha I love how one person really takes it seriously and says, "I can't get the tape to break." haha

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
here's mine, i tried to stay true to the style and feel of actual terrible exposure vids, with a little bit o'comedy for good measure. I used a webcam instead of my better one, and limited editing, cause they are rarely edited. Hope you get a laugh out of it.

Exposure Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results