Saturday Night Contest - Faking Odyssey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys, hope you're having a great weekend! Before we get into tonight's contest, I want to thank everyone for making our 9th birthday extremely special. Your support is amazing, and without it, we wouldn't be able to do what we do. You guys keep us grounded, challenged, and inspired to keep pushing the envelope with every project we do.

One of our recent releases was ODYSSEY by Calen Morelli, a hyper-visual miracle years in the making. The method behind this effect is ingenious. The best part? It's EASY to learn - the handcrafted gimmick does the hard work for you! It’s a secret weapon you’ll never want to leave home without.

Tonight's contest is a fake exposure contest. That is, your challenge is to come up with the most RIDICULOUS, crazy, outside the box, laughable method for ODYSSEY. Then, film yourself teaching that ridiculous method to the world, and post the link in THIS forum thread.

Upload your video entry to YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, September 4th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on overall creativity. What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Points, and a deck of Gold Monarchs!

While this contest is lighthearted, the goal is to fill the web with FAKE exposure videos, making it more difficult for anyone to learn the real secret - aside from the creator himself, Calen Morelli. Together, tonight, we can make a real difference in the fight against magic exposure. Go for it!

2. Good Luck Everyone!!!

Martin Eret likes this.
  3. Back by popular demand!

Good luck to all involved!

4. Good luck, everyone.

Gabriel Z. and Brett Hurley like this.
  5. I can tell right now, that my entry will be terrible (probably in part because I've never done a fake reveal contest before) but I do have an idea and a script written, so I should have an entry in soon.

Gabriel Z. and Brett Hurley like this.
  6. Well, looks like I got the first entry. I don't know if that is merely because I came up with an idea first, or if I had a terrible idea and no video skills. I guess we will see.

7. DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way belittling Calen Morelli or the team at Theory11 with my method. I just thought it would be funny my approach. It's pretty much self-explanatory so here ya go fellas.

. Enjoy!!

8. Heh, I'm pretty sure that is assumed with the nature of the contest. You heard my opening line :p

Brett Hurley and Gabriel Z. like this.
  9. Yeah, you downright called the people at Theory11.com "scumbags":D. I didn't know you played Guitar as well.... Good Luck.

10. Here's my entry! Hope y'all like it!

Disclaimer: I did not actually buy Odyssey, but I watch the trailer at least three times so I'm pretty sure this is the method.

11. When you said "Here is how it's going to look performed at full speed" I expected a clip from the trailer to show up.
    Either way, good job.

To anyone who saw this comment and said "Oh I can put a clip from the trailer in mine like that" You are lazy and I am watching you.

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  12. DONE!!! First fake exposure ever so don't know how it will fair but was fun to make so good luck everyone!!!

13. Nice jab Mcclintock. Although considering I didn't see your video until after the fact that I made mine. I would say it was purely coincidental that any of my content matched yours. I hope you win because I already have a deck of Gold Monarchs and almost 12,000 elite membership points. Anyone who knows me could vouch that I am not lazy and I do my best so, watch away.

14. I had the same idea to splice in a clip of Calen performing it in my video...guess we all think alike :p Both of your videos were great btw.

mclintock and Gabriel Z. like this.
  15. I can see that no one here seems to actually have a ring xD

Justin.Morris likes this.
  16. My first fake exposure video! This is either the best or the worst video I have ever done xD

17. The sad thing is, about six months ago I posted my full ring sleights routine performance on YouTube for an addition. But in the 14 hours that my "Reveal" has been on the web I have got about four times as many views as I had gotten six months with just a performance. This is showing that so many people are just trying to learn the method for free opossed to actually enjoying the performance of the magic.

Justin.Morris and DominusDolorum like this.
  18. Proving again that the desire to know the secret is more powerful than being entertained by it. Have you gotten any hate over the video? :p

Justin.Morris and Gabriel Z. like this.
  19. Not really, except for one person who said "you are the biggest fail" but I noticed that the same person said the exact same thing to Toby L1on his entry, so I guess that person is really looking to get a free method!

obrienmagic and DominusDolorum like this.
  20. You've gotten a dislike on it. You are doing it right!