Saturday Night Contest - Faking Sleeper

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys, hope you're having a great weekend! Before we get into tonight's contest, I want to thank everyone for making Black Friday our biggest release day yet. Your support is amazing, and without it, we wouldn't be able to do what we do. You guys keep us grounded, challenged, and inspired to keep pushing the envelope with every project we do.

One of our releases yesterday was Sleeper, the next generation of rising card. The method behind this effect is diabolical, and the best part is that you are in control - the gimmick can uniquely "sleep" (or wait) until you're ready for it to activate. You can even perform it in the spectator's hands.

Tonight's contest is a fake exposure contest. That is, your challenge is to come up with the most RIDICULOUS, crazy, outside the box, laughable method for Sleeper. Then, film yourself teaching that ridiculous method to the world, and post the link in THIS forum thread.

Upload your video entry to YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread on or before 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 29th. You have a FULL 24 HOURS to enter this week! After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on overall creativity. What's up for grabs? 1,000 Elite Points, and a deck of Gold Monarchs.

While this contest is lighthearted, the goal is to fill the web with FAKE exposure videos, making it more difficult for anyone to learn the real secret - aside from the creator himself, Eoin O'Hare. Together, tonight, we can make a real difference in the fight against magic exposure. Go for it!

Reactions: yipyiphiphip

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
Dont have a decent camera nor a assistant so wont take part but i think i have a decent idea for the video and would really love to see someone make a video of it. Here goes the idea

A title displayed as "performance"
You show a rising card trick using either sleight of hand or the actual rising card gimmick

Then display a title "Secret"
Show a video of the same trick with title "slowmotion" at the corner and act as if the video is been run in slowmotion. This time when the card is just abt to rise add ur assistant in the video dressed as a ninja and show as if in slowmotion the ninja ran into the scene and raise the card from the deck and then the ninja runs away in slow motion

Then display the title "what you get in the box"
Show a big card box and open it to show ur assistant as a ninja in the box

Then end the video by saying all you have to do for this trick is to hide this ninja in a 20m radius of where you performing the trick, and this ninja will do the rest for you

Reactions: yipyiphiphip
Apr 6, 2015
Pakistan
Dont have a decent camera nor a assistant so wont take part but i think i have a decent idea for the video and would really love to see someone make a video of it. Here goes the idea

A title displayed as "performance"
You show a rising card trick using either sleight of hand or the actual rising card gimmick

Then display a title "Secret"
Show a video of the same trick with title "slowmotion" at the corner and act as if the video is been run in slowmotion. This time when the card is just abt to rise add ur assistant in the video dressed as a ninja and show as if in slowmotion the ninja ran into the scene and raise the card from the deck and then the ninja runs away in slow motion

Then display the title "what you get in the box"
Show a big card box and open it to show ur assistant as a ninja in the box

Then end the video by saying all you have to do for this trick is to hide this ninja in a 20m radius of where you performing the trick, and this ninja will do the rest for you
hey farrukh have you already bought sleeper? :D

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Okay, super tired so my grammar may not be perfect.

I ran into many setbacks over the course of my production and would like to give a rundown to show the dedication put into this project (that would otherwise go unnoticed).

I saw the contest posted around one minute after JB put it up.
Brainstormed for half an hour.
Filmed it in half an hour.
Attempted to upload to Google Drive in order to edit in imovie on the iPad.
Realized it would take around 7 hours with shoddy internet.
Spent next 7 hours monitoring uploads and arguing over the phone with my ISP.
Consumed a tasty dinner and waited for the videos to finish uploading (took closer to 9 hours to upload).
Realized that footage could not be downloaded to tablet, lost morale.
Decided to re-shoot and forego any special edits.
Re-shot entire video in lower 720p quality and uploaded straight to YouTube.
Waited three hours for new video clips to upload.
Combined in YouTube and waited another hour.
Posted to this forum at 4:22 AM, need sleep.

So yeah, I spent nearly 15 hours working on this SNC video in one way or another.

Thank you for listening to my rambling, I'll check for any grammar issues when my brain is functional again.

-Bryant

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results