Saturday Night Contest - False Video Challenge

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
In light of our latest release from the hands of Homer Liwag - the Filipino False Faro - tonight's SNC will be about keeping everything under... control. This challenge will require the use of a camcorder / webcam / Flip / camera of some sort, as well as a fresh pack of playing cards.

Your task? To create a video demonstrating your favorite cardistry and / or general card handling false cuts, shuffles, and so forth. Note that you must prove the pack is in new deck order immediately following the demonstration.

Please try to keep all submissions under a minute in length. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. The winner will be chosen based on a number of factors including technique, production, and - of course - passion (and not in the romantic sense). All submissions must be in by 11:00pm EST for judging.

Tonight's winner will receive a 1-on-1 of your choosing, completely on the house. Looking forward to viewing the submissions. Good luck guys!

May 31, 2008
Awesome, I just came up with a false cut a few days ago, and I have a fresh deck of Centurions. I have been practicing all day, I guess it's time to finally put it to work.

In light of our latest release from the hands of Homer Liwag - the Filipino False Faro - tonight's SNC will be about keeping everything under... control. This challenge will require the use of a camcorder / webcam / Flip / camera of some sort, as well as a fresh pack of playing cards.

Your task? To create a video demonstrating your favorite cardistry and / or general card handling false cuts, shuffles, and so forth. Note that you must prove the pack is in new deck order immediately following the demonstration.

Please try to keep all submissions under a minute in length. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, etc. The winner will be chosen based on a number of factors including technique, production, and - of course - passion (and not in the romantic sense). All submissions must be in by 11:00pm EST for judging.

Tonight's winner will receive a 1-on-1 of your choosing, completely on the house. Looking forward to viewing the submissions. Good luck guys!

Does it have to be our own creation?

May 31, 2008
I just realized that if I mess up during the flourish I will have to get a new deck of cards! I must practice!

Hey Guys!!! All he said was , and I quote...

...And a fresh pack of playing cards.

and

...You must prove that it is in new deck order...

That doesn't mean go blow all your money on five new decks incase you mess up. It means that you should organize one of your decks in the original order and display that it's in order. Then, do the false shuffle, then display that they remain in p;lace.

Don't blow your cash on new decks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results