Saturday Night Contest - Impossible Snapshot

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It’s time for the first picture contest of the new year, so let’s get right into the challenge.

Your challenge is to take a picture of something that looks impossible. For example, get a snapshot of an object impossibly “balancing” on your hand. Have an object “levitate” under your control. Your job is to make the action in the photo LOOK impossible. The method can be the most impractical thing on the planet; even a still frame from multiple photos will work! The criteria is as follows: creativity, composition, lighting, and one more factor: make it look as convincing as possible that it’s real.

Upload your photo to Instagram and hashtag it #theory11 and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 21st. After time is up we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and Perfect Square by Michael Lam and JB Dumas.

Good luck!

Nov 25, 2013
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! It’s time for the first picture contest of the new year, so let’s get right into the challenge.

Your challenge is to take a picture of something that looks impossible. For example, get a snapshot of an object impossibly “balancing” on your hand. Have an object “levitate” under your control. Your job is to make the action in the photo LOOK impossible. The method can be the most impractical thing on the planet; even a still frame from multiple photos will work! The criteria is as follows: creativity, composition, lighting, and one more factor: make it look as convincing as possible that it’s real.

Upload your photo to Instagram and hashtag it #theory11 and post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 21st. After time is up we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, a deck of Gold Monarchs, and Perfect Square by Michael Lam and JB Dumas.

Good luck!

Do we have to upload to Instagram or can we post the picture here? I don't have an Instagram account but would still love to participate.

Reactions: wZEnigma
Feb 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I had a really cool idea using the venom gimmick but I'm afraid my gimmick broke before I took a photo. So gutted, I really want Perfect Square and thought my opportunity to actually try my best at a SNC was now. I need to save my money now! Good Luck guys, I love all your pics so far

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results