Saturday Night Contest - Natural Magic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the weekend! This past Saturday was Earth Day, so to help celebrate this beautiful planet we love, we thought it would be a great opportunity to create some magic using nature as the inspiration.

Your challenge this week is to create an effect using objects found in nature - tree branches, leaves, dirt, fruit, vegetables, etc. For example, a torn and restored tree branch, turning one fruit into another, grow a plant instantly from a pile of dirt; the sky is the limit.

Film your performance and upload it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, April 30th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all entries and decide on a winner. Winner will be chosen based on overall creativity and execution.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, 3 Decks of Animal Kingdom Playing Cards, and 3 Decks of Charity Water Playing Cards, shipped on the house anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Dean Magic likes this.
  2. Well...this is going to be...challenging...*minutes later* I'm sorry aloe vera!!!

Gabriel Z., Brett Hurley and 010rusty like this.
  3. I actually have an idea.
    Good luck everyone!!!!

Gabriel Z. and Brett Hurley like this.
  4. Good luck to all involved.

We are moving the last parts of our house, so not sure if I'll make this one.

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  5. Yes! One less contestant! I mean...*coughs* Man, that sucks, hope you can make it..

Gabriel Z., Brett Hurley and 010rusty like this.
  6. Good Luck Everyone!!

Brett Hurley and Clee26 like this.
  7. Good Luck!

8. So sad, I dropped my phone a couple days ago, it smashed the screen and now i'm unable to film anything. unless I get a replacement soon, i'm out of this one.

best of luck to everyone! this sounds like a fun one!

Vazz, Gabriel Z. and 010rusty like this.
  9. Vazz, Gabriel Z. and 010rusty like this.
  10. o_O

11. Man! I haven't been able to enter one of these for ages! I've already got loads of ideas for this contest swirling around in my head, I guess I'll have to wait till next week. Good luck to everyone entering though!

Vazz and Gabriel Z. like this.
  12. Idk whether to post mine. There is a tiny flash that I didn't pick up on and I can't refilm.

13. Why not?

14. PM'd

15. A storm just came so I had limited time to make this, but I'm happy with the end result. I really like this effect. I do plan on performing this when ever I see some flowers when I'm with friends.

And yes, I usually have a comedic silly style when I perform magic, but I thought I would get serious and make this, and can't wait to perform this to friends!

Vazz, Dean Magic and Gabriel Z. like this.
  16. Why do my teachers insist on overloading me with homework on weekends. I'm out of this one too :( Good luck to all involved!

010rusty likes this.
  17. Yeet! I'm done! Good Luck to All Involved!

Coin to Apple Trick.

Dean Magic likes this.
  18. #RIP...

Vazz, Dean Magic and 010rusty like this.
  19. Nice