Saturday Night Contest - Smoke & Mirrors Showdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonraiker, Apr 3, 2010.

1. In celebration of the (second) release of Dan and Dave's acclaimed SMOKE&MIRRORS v4 playing cards Monday night at 11:00pm EST - we felt it was proper to host a cardistry competition... with an extremely rare, one of a kind prize.

Your task tonight is to create a 30 to 60 second (maximum) cardistry video using any of the four editions we've released in the SMOKE&MIRRORS line of playing cards. Don't have any of the S&M decks? How do you sleep at night?! Don't worry - if you don't have any Smoke & Mirrors, just use your favorite deck. Except these. Don't use these.

Highlight a few of your favorite moves. You don't have to be able to do a million different flourishes, as it only has to be 30 seconds to qualify - but you should be able to showcase a few moves well. That's the goal of tonight's contest. All submissions should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and posted as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST, for judging.

Now... onto the prize. We wanted to give away something truly unique tonight. With only ONE currently sitting in our offices, the prize tonight is an uncut S&M v4 sheet in pristine condition - hot off the press. Yours for the taking. Show us what you got...

2. I wont be entering this one, Im not to good at cardistry :( but good luck to everyone!

3. So if I didn't have a S&M I can use any other Deck ?

4. Man widh i was good at cardistry... :( :(

Too bad, but best of luck to the others!

-blake.

5. awwww :( im sad

6. Tomorrow is Sunday. Which day is the release?

-Michael

7. Who wantz to edit for meh

8. Correct! Let me know if you have any further questions.

9. k open invitation...whoever will edit for me can have the prize, I just want to win...

10. Good catch - fixed. To clarify, yes, the release is Monday at 11:00pm EST.

11. Jon, Im not going to enter this one, simply because you wont let me use my favourite cards. Your mean :p

- Jenai

12. Is it 30s minimum ?

13. Correct - your video must be a minimum of 30 seconds, and no longer than 60 seconds.

14. vid uploading 10 ore minutes....

15. Well I'm sorry at some place that is too dark and the cuts are not great either, but forgive me, it's the first week that I practice Cardistry

So.....This is Outdoor Session, I really like doing this video this night ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QC0UhxkMlQ

16. hey guys heres my entry i tried to make it look like a commercial . i didnt put any fancy cuts or music so its basicly smooth cool looking flourishes. enjoy

http://vimeo.com/10662517

17. just saw this, but is there an age limit? I just turned 14 and i was wondering if i'm too young or something...

18. #19 Casey Rudd, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    I demonstrate a couple of moves with my Smoke v3 deck. I hope you guys enjoy this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQ1qF3c1U4&feature=player_embedded

Notice how I used hints of green in celebration of the new v4s.....I really hope to grab at least one this Monday before they all sell out again....haha

Good luck to everyone who enters.

Cheers,

Casey

19. Why would there be an age limit?