Saturday Night Contest - The Redline Challenge

Oct 20, 2008
Yo guys -

This week I was invited to host the theory11 Saturday Night Contest, and I thought it'd be cool to have a performance video challenge. I'll be recording a roundtable discussion next week to discuss Redline and RIOT (release next Friday), but this week, it's about Redline.

So here's what we're looking for: record a performance of yourself performing Redline tonight. The time now is 7:30pm EST. You have until 11:00pm EST to film, edit, and post your video in this forum thread. You can upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Eatlime, Viddler - anywhere you'd like. It must be posted and linked to in this forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST.

We're looking for creativity. Make your video cool - shoot it in some badass set. Make your video funny - wear a V-neck that hangs down to your ankles like mine did. Make it a real performance for a live audience. Make it a video performance for the camera. The choice is yours.

Don't have Redline? Make a funny parody video of me - with my trademarked, high-fashion wardrobe.

So what's up for grabs? A pre-release of RIOT that will be sent to you on Friday before the public release, entirely on the house. Go for it - and we look forward to seeing your submissions tonight.

dan/hauss

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Good to see you Hauss. :) I may do this one. :D

-Doug

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
So do I, thats really not right for them to do that.

No 1on1 this week and unfair SNc....hm.................

Not fair? I agree, it's not fair to us to give away free stuff every single week, every single month. Not every SNC is going to appeal to everyone's personal tastes. Some are serious. Some are funny. Some are roundtable discussions. Some - like this one - are meant to encourage you to go out and perform.

If one week's SNC doesn't fit your fancy, there is no requirement to participate that week. Yes, you lose your chance at the prize, but it's not the end of the world, and there is always another contest the next week.

What is fair, though, is allowing our artists the opportunity to host contests like this where they (and we) give away free videos, decks, and prizes every week. These are artists that are taking time out of their day to interact with members from around the world - and engage in discussions, contests, and - like this one - giveaways.

For this week - even if you don't own Redline, make a parody video of D. Hauss and his stylish wardrobe. Be creative. And have fun with it.

Sep 3, 2007
That's not really fair. The contests are supposed to be free and for everyone. This is only for people that buy Redline.

True, and you would also need a video camera and maybe some good editing software which I don't have. So it might not be for everyone but there's always next week right?

Jan 13, 2008
Is it fair? Absolutely. The artists should be able to promote their products and encourage sales any way they see fit. If they need to use the SNC to sell their product, then so be it. It sucks for a lot of us, but sales are obviously important to them (that's partially how they make their living, after all). :)

So I won't be participating this week, but good luck to anyone who does enter! :)

Not fair? I agree, it's not fair to us to give away free stuff every single week, every single month. Not every SNC is going to appeal to everyone's personal tastes. Some are serious. Some are funny. Some are roundtable discussions. Some - like this one - are meant to encourage you to go out and perform.

If one week's SNC doesn't fit your fancy, there is no requirement to participate that week. Yes, you lose your chance at the prize, but it's not the end of the world, and there is always another contest the next week.

What is fair, though, is allowing our artists the opportunity to host contests like this where they (and we) give away free videos, decks, and prizes every week. These are artists that are taking time out of their day to interact with members from around the world - and engage in discussions, contests, and - like this one - giveaways.

For this week - even if you don't own Redline, make a parody video of D. Hauss and his stylish wardrobe. Be creative. And have fun with it.

Lol, i was reading everyone elses posts who were complaining and i was thinking "hmmmm i wonder if one of the forum mods is going to say something because Dan just said... even if you dont have a copy of redline, make a parody video." AND LOW AND BEHOLD, as i scrolled down J.B. had already said what everyone should have thought of already.

Not to mention, usually the winners of SNC are the funny retarded videos, so i would usually bet on the winner being some funny parody video.
But i wont be participating, i dislocated my shoulder this week so im on the DL since i can barely hold a deck of Centronians without pain lol.

Oh and yea, i havnt won a SNL... but seriously, they give away free stuff every week, name another company thats doing that, so even though i havnt won... i havnt complained when i was unable to do a contest for some reason cuz next week... they will be giving away some other free thing lol.

Good luck to all.

Sep 2, 2007
I dont have redline.. I belive those who have it got really great ods to win this week..
You don't even need to have the Redline 1-on-1 to participate in the SNC. As mentioned in the original post -- as well as JB's -- you can make a parody of the performance.

It should be something creative and funny; perhaps, find the largest vNeck you can, talk with a Jersey accent, and accidentally use lipstick (instead of chapstick), or something along those lines.

Just have fun and enjoy the contest, as it is for you.

Cheers,
JTM

Jan 13, 2008
Lol, i was reading everyone elses posts who were complaining and i was thinking "hmmmm i wonder if one of the forum mods is going to say something because Dan just said... even if you dont have a copy of redline, make a parody video." AND LOW AND BEHOLD, as i scrolled down J.B. had already said what everyone should have thought of already.
The posts were made before the first post was edited to include that (which likely happened because of all the posts complaining about not being able to enter).

yea i just noticed that. idk maybe since i knew i wasnt going to participate at all this week i did not feel upset about it.
but idk they give out free stuff all the time so i guess really no one should ever complain cuz im sure everyone would really complain if they suddenly stopped giving away free stuff to users.
But oh well, now that its changed it looks like more people will participate and some funny videos will be made.

You don't even need to have the Redline 1-on-1 to participate in the SNC. As mentioned in the original post -- as well as JB's -- you can make a parody of the performance.

It should be something creative and funny; perhaps, find the largest vNeck you can, talk with a Jersey accent, and accidentally use lipstick (instead of chapstick), or something along those lines.

Just have fun and enjoy the contest, as it is for you.

Cheers,
JTM

LMFAO i just pictured someone doing that... oh man it looked so hilarious in my mind, i hope someone does that lol.

Jan 13, 2008
Why does members have quotes?
Some of us are just figments of your imagination...o_O

On topic: I hope nobody uses any of the ideas mentioned...I'd like to see some original material posted on here. I wonder if people can be funny without relying on other peoples' jokes and stuff. :confused:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results