Saturday Night Contest - World Water Day

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! A few days ago, the world celebrated World Water Day. 600 million people on earth don’t have access to clean water. That’s why we’ve been fortunate enough to be partnered with Charity: Water. 100% of proceeds from Charity: Water playing cards are donated to Charity: Water operations all around the world - providing clean water to people in Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone. Every deck makes a difference!

Inspired by World Water Day, your challenge is to create an effect that involves water in some way. You can make an object impossibly appear in a sealed water bottle. You can turn water into ice instantly. You can make dirty water instantly clean. ANYTHING that involves water is fair game. What we are looking for is creativity, execution, and lasting impact. We want to see a memorable effect.

Film your performance and upload it to either Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 25th. Once time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, 5 decks of Charity: Water Playing Cards and a deck of Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Jan 14, 2017
What a wonderful idea! Now, the creative juices are flowing.
I must find a viable idea and run with it. I mean, follow a valid stream of consciousness.
In order to promote such and important cause, I hope this thread is overflowing with great submissions.

My cup runneth over; with puns.

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
What a wonderful idea! Now, the creative juices are flowing.
I must find a viable idea and run with it. I mean, follow a valid stream of consciousness.
In order to promote such and important cause, I hope this thread is overflowing with great submissions.

My cup runneth over; with puns.

Awesome comment LOL, I think you should win without any magic this is cool enough LOL.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Nov 25, 2013
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! A few days ago, the world celebrated World Water Day. 600 million people on earth don’t have access to clean water. That’s why we’ve been fortunate enough to be partnered with Charity: Water. 100% of proceeds from Charity: Water playing cards are donated to Charity: Water operations all around the world - providing clean water to people in Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone. Every deck makes a difference!

Inspired by World Water Day, your challenge is to create an effect that involves water in some way. You can make an object impossibly appear in a sealed water bottle. You can turn water into ice instantly. You can make dirty water instantly clean. ANYTHING that involves water is fair game. What we are looking for is creativity, execution, and lasting impact. We want to see a memorable effect.

Film your performance and upload it to either Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 25th. Once time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, 5 decks of Charity: Water Playing Cards and a deck of Gold Monarchs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!
Does it have to be magic or can we do cardistry that involves water?

Dec 29, 2017
I’m already conceding to this challenge as I don’t own the lota bowls I used to have for a more narrative driven effect regarding the lack of drinkable water and just purchasing a couple of packs to support the cause. There is a little bit of irony in most likely wasting water to perform an effect for a contest to help support a charity that supplies water I must say.

Good luck to those creative minds out there!

Feb 12, 2018
India

Good luck!
Can it also be like I exposed the card chosen in a water bottle in a piece of paper? Would that be fine? Or else maybe like the card written on the bottle?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results