Saturday Night Contest - World Water Day

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! Yesterday, the world celebrated World Water Day. 600 million people on earth don’t have access to clean water. That’s why we’ve been fortunate enough to be partnered with Charity: Water. 100% of proceeds from Charity: Water playing cards are donated to Charity: Water operations all around the world - providing clean water to people in Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone. Every deck makes a difference!

Inspired by World Water Day, your challenge is to create an effect that involves water in some way. You can make an object impossibly appear in a sealed water bottle. You can turn water into ice instantly. You can make dirty water instantly clean. ANYTHING that involves water is fair game. What we are looking for is creativity, execution, and lasting impact. We want to see a memorable effect.

Film your performance and upload it to either Instagram, YouTube, or Vimeo (must state in the video it is for the SNC!), and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 24th. Once time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, 5 decks of Charity: Water Playing Cards and a deck of Black NOCs, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello!

So I had a show for a private event and I decided to include a trick for Water Day

Quick overview because is in Spanish

I am explaining one of the technologies that allows to take water from moisture in the air, then I tell them I grab some moisture with a whirlwind and then collect it in my fist and then I produce some water out of nothing (you can see the water at 0:28 just between my arm and my shirt... I am afraid unfortunately the person that recorded me didn’t expect me to have a white shirt) and then everyone reacts to the water appearing out of my fist...

I wanted to record another but I prefer to have a live reaction to a perfect alone video.

Attachments

• A2CD16CF-2B36-450F-9EC0-A31D77949514.jpeg
    A2CD16CF-2B36-450F-9EC0-A31D77949514.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 314

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Ahhh! I have such a good idea but I won’t be home until 10:30! Nooooooo! My idea was so good..... I’ve been planning it the entire day to find out I probably won’t make it.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Ahhh! I have such a good idea but I won’t be home until 10:30! Nooooooo! My idea was so good..... I’ve been planning it the entire day to find out I probably won’t make it.
Cutting it close. I really want to participate. If I can’t make it I want to give thanks to both Theory11 and to Charity: Water for doing something great with this contest, we need more great people in the world, thank you!

Reactions: 010rusty and CWhite

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
My video is taking to long to upload to youtube! Noooooo!!!!! If I submit it a minute or two late will it be considered?

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
The effect failed, I ran out of time and couldn't perfect it. Whatever! It isn't about the magic, its about what I said with the magic and if six hundred million people can't have water, why should I?

Thank you to Theory11 and Charity: Water. I wish I could have made a better trick, but this will do. Thank you for doing something great and thank you for considering my entry:

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
This is the story of how I stopped being picked on by my peers and gained their respect.

The sticky note on your shirt! Haha. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the contest in my video, I forgot to check, oops.... If not, they know its for this one because I mentioned 600 mil and that number would have been different if they did this contest in the past.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This is the story of how I stopped being picked on by my peers and gained their respect.

This is the story of a guy......who just won a Saturday Night Contest! Congrats 010rusty! We thoroughly enjoyed your creativity and felt that this was the best overall entry to this week's contest. Please send your details to our support team so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

Great work to everyone that submitted an entry; we know this one was a difficult task and we sincerely appreciate everyone who stepped up to the challenge this week. See you all on Saturday for a new contest!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results