Saturday Night Contest - Your Daily Magic

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! Some of you might know that Blake Vogt has been doing his Daily Magic series on both his Twitter and Instagram pages. His series is all about creating new magic, and posting a performance every single day on his social media accounts. The videos are also 15 seconds or less, and the effects are usually created in only an hour. Amazing.

For this week's contest, we are using his Daily Magic series as inspiration. Your challenge is to create ANY effect (which includes any genre of magic). The only catch is that it must be performed in 15 seconds or less, like they are shown in Blake's series.

To specify, it can be ANY effect you desire to create. Card, coin, everyday items, etc. All genres of magic are fair game for this contest. However, it needs to be performed in 15 seconds, so think creatively, and strive for originality. The field is wide open for this contest, so make sure you make yours unique and memorable.

We will be deciding on a winner based on which effect is the most creative and original overall, and based on the execution. We are also looking for which effect stands out from the rest based on how unique and memorable the effects is. Your chances of winning increase if you can make us remember your effect the best. Usually, the lasting impression is what can make your effect stand out from the rest.

Create and upload your performance to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link to the video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, March 13th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and Invisible Card by Blake Vogt, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Jun 29, 2015
As someone who has only published magic on Instagram, this works well. I have a few questions before I enter. Can we use old videos on our IG pages? I've been creating for a while now and have some gems hidden away. Also, how would I link to the video. Would I just post the link to my IG page?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
As someone who has only published magic on Instagram, this works well. I have a few questions before I enter. Can we use old videos on our IG pages? I've been creating for a while now and have some gems hidden away. Also, how would I link to the video. Would I just post the link to my IG page?
Are we allowed multiple entries?

- The clip you use is something that is specifically made for the contest, so it has to be new content.

- Unless Casey mentions it, the contests are always one entry per person, so pick your best clip and run with it.

Reactions: Hexadecimal
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results