Scared People?

Hey guys,
Well, today, I was out in the park doing some tutorials for a vid of mine when I thought to get some live performances. Now, I do live performances all the time but never for camera, and when I went up to this one guy who was just standing there and asked if he would help me out, he looked like he had seen a ghost, and refused to let me film the effect on him. This happened to me a couple times later too. Is it just skepticism, or are people just afraid? Just wondering.

Forane

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Some people are afraid of making a fool of themselves on camera. This fear is heightened by the fact that you are intending on fooling them. Don't worry, just perform for them without the camera and move onto another spectator.

Perhaps the person was a most wanted criminal and you were about to have them on camera? :D

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Perhaps the person was a most wanted criminal and you were about to have them on camera? :D

And perhaps you foiled his plan on robbing a bank because he thought some kind of kid spy organization was on to him?:D

Just move on - there are myriads of people to perform to. Don't let it shake you up.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I know I've startled people while filming... it seems as though nobody seems to want to be singled out. for instance, during the filming of a Westmount Magic episode, I looked around for an assisting spectator within the group. I finally found one, went over to her, and asked her for her name. She looked at me as though I had just said someone was coming up behind her with a knife! She was skeptical to tell me her name, she did end up helping but we turned the cameras off.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
My camera guy is a ninja, or at least very close. I work the audience for a bit while he isn't even within the crowd. He'll walk up out of nowhere with the camera on and he films a few effects and because he just randomly came up and I already had the audience drawn to me they don't even notice.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Usually people I perofrm too are too enthralled by the magic to worry about the camera. When they notice it - they immediately ask if ti's going to be on Youtube (expectantly).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results