School Magic

Dec 22, 2007
Hey guys. I've been doing card tricks in one of my classes for a while now. There are these people there that are obsessed with my card tricks. Every time i do a trick, theyre there watching.

Now, ive ran out of tricks to show. I have about 10 tricks that i do. I dont wanna do any tricks any more because im worried about them figureing out the ones theyve already seen. idk what to do.

ive ordered some new stuff recently (by forces unseen, card stunts, trick that will get you paid, loops). i hope i get some new routines to perform.

Expand the space between doing the same trick to people and they will forget about it and will be less likely to 'catch on'. I've been pulling a coin outta my friend's ear for quite some time and they are still amazed by it. Regardless, new material can't hurt.

~PaCo

Dec 3, 2007
Go back to basics... do some effects and routines from beginner dvds such as born to perform card magic... this always hit the crowd and it hits hard... then try to get some effects from jay sankeys mind... and sometimes throw in a stigmata effect to end specially which will make them scared :p

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Try and moderate your performing a little, so you're not racing through your new material as the class magic pig. That way you're not under pressure to learn things and perform them quickly either, and you won't run out of material..

Oct 11, 2008
I've found, when performing for the same people, just altering a trick slightly gets great reactions. Take something as basic as a classic force, and turn it into a 2-3 minute mind reading routine. With a card transpo, have someone step on the card, put it in a book, in the cardbox, whatever. It makes it appear fresh, and setting different obstacles helps hide the sleight. Makeing a card change places is one thing, but doing under the spectators foot, in their hand, or anywhere, is an entirly different experience for the audience. My opinion, anyway.

Olas,

Try using the method you use to do your regular routines that you say you have been repeating; but incorporate them into a completely different routine.

Experiment! You have skill and smoothness, but presentation will give you such a large variety of things to do.

Signed,

James

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Change patter also. You can do the same trick several times with different patter and slight alterations to the handling. And if you're running out, maybe not do magic as often?

By the way, this has been posted several times before. Use the search bar next time.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I have been playing around a lot with magic at my school recently and have come to the conclusion that the best tricks to do are the really easy ones which are very easily repeatable but build in climax. For example, force a card, stare into their eyes and slowly reveal it. They always ask you to do it again. Do it again but a little quicker. And one more time. Then change the force you're using to 'make it fairer' but actually throwing them off the method. This time, tell them as soon as they take it but before they look at it. Next time, just as they're taking it. Then, before they've even picked a card. Finally, I force the 3 of Diamonds on them. Try to guess it but do it wrong. Get them to name their card. Turn over my pencil case (it has a large 3 of diamonds drawn on the back'). This little routine can take about 5 minutes with a little flesh added and it always blows them away. I have never once had somebody catch me out and the best bit is it's angle proof (depending on which force you use).

Another good one is to have them pick a card, control it and then do Aaron Fisher's one handed popover move or the hotshot cut behind your back, telling them you'll do it by sense of touch alone. Brilliant.

So you get the idea. Just little tricks that can be built up big, don't need a setup and can be repeated without fear of getting caught out are ideal. I'm sure you can come up with these relatively easily yourself, just string moves and see what happens. Hope that helped :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results