Seconds

Feb 18, 2011
Under your bed
Hey guys,

Just got into some gambling techniques.
I have Foundations, and I deciding to start the learning with the Strike Second Deal.

Just a small problem/ question.. When I drag the second card out I sometimes accidentally pull 2 cards out.

Is there anyway to fix this, I'm using a new deck (opened yesterday, played with for 3 hours).

Thanks
-ImRB

P.S. Do you think, out of everything on Foundations by Jason England, Is this a good start?

Jan 20, 2009
California
the way i get around that is by using a very light touch with the hand
that is drawing the card out and also with the hand that is pusing over the
top card, this is what i found works for me. as far a founddations,
yes it is a very good start he has good stuff but do not limit your self only
to jason england there are many books and dvd's out there were you will learn alot
more.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
This is a common problem, and one that I had myself. Two things that helped me:

1. Remember to take the card in a way that your right thumb sort of "rolls" it out. This is hard to describe, but Jason does explain it quite well in his video.

2. Try applying less pressure with your left thumb. This tip is mentioned in Expert Card Technique, if you want the source. You really only need enough pressure on the deck to move the top card back.

The second tip I gave is more useful for another problem that you will probably run into that is referred to as "grabbing air" or "taking air"/"catching air" etc. These comments refer to when your right hand does not take a card; AKA when it grabs air. This problem is more likely to happen while using a smaller or finer brief.

Good luck with your practice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results