Secret Theory 11 Decks??

Dec 31, 2015
Are these Theory 11 playing cards meant to be a secret? Have I already seen too much? Regardless, of the answers to those questions, in this video, I uncover two versions of a Theory 11 deck that you might not have known existed.

May 3, 2016
Good job finding those other editions, they're pretty cool. I think though, that you shouldn't film soooo close to the cards all the time, so anybody watching can really see what you're doing, kinda like if you look too close at a painting, and never see the big picture. The effect at the end was nifty too, how'd you even do that?

Sep 9, 2017
Well, isn't that very interesting!

If it was a secret, it isn't any more...
Aaaaaand, now I want to add those in my collection too.

Dec 31, 2015
Good job finding those other editions, they're pretty cool. I think though, that you shouldn't film soooo close to the cards all the time, so anybody watching can really see what you're doing, kinda like if you look too close at a painting, and never see the big picture. The effect at the end was nifty too, how'd you even do that?

Thanks for the advice! The effect at the end was achieved by putting the card on a rotating device (built of LEGO) and then stop motion photography was used. Sadly I did bump one of the tuck cases slightly, so there is a slight noticeable imperfection.

Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
Interesting, on the Barnes and Noble page, it does say they are B&N Exclusive. I absolutely love the National cards and might have to get these.

EDIT: totally just bought them. cannot resist urge to blow all money on cards.

Reactions: Steven the Wizard
Dec 31, 2015
Interesting, on the Barnes and Noble page, it does say they are B&N Exclusive. I absolutely love the National cards and might have to get these.

EDIT: totally just bought them. cannot resist urge to blow all money on cards.

Still though, for being a Barnes and Noble exclusive, the secret was kept for over a month. All things considered, I find it strange that no real marketing has been done to drive traffic to the sales of these decks, especially considering that Theory 11 has a devoted fan base.

Aug 8, 2017
Ohio
Still though, for being a Barnes and Noble exclusive, the secret was kept for over a month. All things considered, I find it strange that no real marketing has been done to drive traffic to the sales of these decks, especially considering that Theory 11 has a devoted fan base.

Hard to say. Either way, I definitely appreciate you posting this. Like I said, Nationals are my favorite so I'm stoked.

Reactions: Steven the Wizard
Dec 31, 2015
Hard to say. Either way, I definitely appreciate you posting this. Like I said, Nationals are my favorite so I'm stoked.

Thank you! It was also lots of fun to film and edit, especially considering I got extremely lucky to be able to film on/around a narrow gauge steam locomotive.

Sep 9, 2017
Well, I hope you're happy.
I've now ordered the Red and Green National decks from B&N thanks to this thread.
And I also ordered a cool looking Bicycle Bourbon deck, but I guess that's on me.

In all seriousness, I never would have thought to even look for cards at B&N if I hadn't this.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well, I hope you're happy.
I've now ordered the Red and Green National decks from B&N thanks to this thread.
And I also ordered a cool looking Bicycle Bourbon deck, but I guess that's on me.

In all seriousness, I never would have thought to even look for cards at B&N if I hadn't this.
Funnily enough, you can find a lot of decks at B&N. Especially TXI decks, I believe there is a partnership or something, out don't quote me on that. You can walk into a lot of B&Ns and find some of the more popular TXI decks for sale!

Sep 9, 2017
Funnily enough, you can find a lot of decks at B&N. Especially TXI decks, I believe there is a partnership or something, out don't quote me on that. You can walk into a lot of B&Ns and find some of the more popular TXI decks for sale!

That's rather interesting. Too bad the nearest B&N is probably a 2.5 hour drive away from me.
But the next time I'm in one, I'm going to make it a point to seek out their playing card area and investigate for myself! :)

Dec 31, 2015
That's rather interesting. Too bad the nearest B&N is probably a 2.5 hour drive away from me.
But the next time I'm in one, I'm going to make it a point to seek out their playing card area and investigate for myself! :)

Well I'm worse out than you it seems. The closest Barnes and Noble to me is about 3.5 hours away. However, earlier this year I had the privilege of going on two different trips far from home. Each time I was near a Barnes and Noble or game shop. Needless to say, I spent more on cards than I should have. In Barnes and Noble I've found the Box Set of Artisans (a V1 set in 2017), Citizens, Animal Kingdom, Deck One, Guardians, Monarchs (Green, Red, and Blue), the Union deck, Medallions, Contraband, Archangels, and Steampunk. As long as you can find the card section, it's always a long time standing making decisions when you're on a budget.

Reactions: Starius
May 3, 2016
Well I'm worse out than you it seems. The closest Barnes and Noble to me is about 3.5 hours away. However, earlier this year I had the privilege of going on two different trips far from home. Each time I was near a Barnes and Noble or game shop. Needless to say, I spent more on cards than I should have. In Barnes and Noble I've found the Box Set of Artisans (a V1 set in 2017), Citizens, Animal Kingdom, Deck One, Guardians, Monarchs (Green, Red, and Blue), the Union deck, Medallions, Contraband, Archangels, and Steampunk. As long as you can find the card section, it's always a long time standing making decisions when you're on a budget.

Ooh, danger zone.

Nov 17, 2018
anyone know why the green ones sell here as well? i know the red and green are B&N exclusives but, like i said, they sell the green one on this site, so i find it kinda weird.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results