See throught Gaps between fingers

begginer

Banned
May 25, 2014
HELLO MAGICIANS@T11,
I am a complete rookie starting to learn palming and color changes etc. What i am fascinated with is Sleight Of Hand (card,coin and anything else you can perform with) ?. I don't like general gimmicked magic and stage illusions. But my problem is i have this see through gaps or holes between fingers.Does this effect palming?It is genetic i can't change my fingers.Not everyone has perfect fingers, so magicians who have my kind of fingers please give some advice.How can i cover up this? Any advice is appreciated.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
I have a lot of gaps in my fingers as well (they're called windows). My hands are also quite small but it doesn't stop me from palming cards. Although i don't do it much, palming really does revolve around the misdirection you use.

Practice practice practice

Nov 9, 2010
I understand your concern but it's more psychological than anything. Work even harder on perfecting your misdirection (and sleights, naturally) and most people won't be looking at your hands unless you make them.

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
I actually know a magician who has a bit of an "odd" gap and cannot close his fingers all the way. He tends to palm in Tenkai a lot, and this seems to help him. He can even do a card to pocket using a Tenkai too...

There are so many palms out there. Just find the right one(s) that work for you...

Your comment on gimmicked magic is something that could be explored further too. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results