Shadow Magic?

On trick is where you have 2 people sitting in a shadow theatre. you have one close their eyes and you have the other pick a number then you touch the other spectators shadow that many times and they feel it and tell you how many times you touched them. criss angel did this in his first season.

Sep 2, 2007
On trick is where you have 2 people sitting in a shadow theatre. you have one close their eyes and you have the other pick a number then you touch the other spectators shadow that many times and they feel it and tell you how many times you touched them. criss angel did this in his first season.

Yeah, it's magic with shadows. A spectator's shadow is tapped, but the spectator feels as if he or she was actually touched. You can check a performance of it here, http://youtube.com/watch?v=lrFd8MsNSzA.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
That effect can be found in PK touchs by Banachek. Just remember that Criss uses editing to make it look a bit different and a trick chair.

-Jacob

My friend and i created an entire routine using only our shadows.

The Performer talks of how shadows are really beings of their own. How if you touch something with your shadow, then you can move it just by concentrating hard enough on it. He then calls forward a volunteer who he instructs to sit down in a comfortable armchair. The performer then asks the volunteer to place his arm on the arm of the chair and make himself very relaxed.

The performer then continues on about how shadows can control someone if they are used right. The volunteer then asks if he can see a demonstration, because, he just doesn’t believe him. The Performer then obliges and asks the Spectator(s) to focus on the mans hand. The Performer asks the spectator to concentrate on his hand, and watch as the performers hands shadow moves closer. When the two touch the performer asks if the man can feel anything. The spectators replies “yes, I can feel your shadow rubbing against my arm. Now I can feel it poking me.”

The Flabbergasted (love that word) volunteer is then asked if he wants more proof. He replies in the positive, so the performer obliges. The man is asked to raise his hand off of the chair a few inches. He is told to prepare himself for when the shadow comes across, because this time, it’s going to be very heavy. SO Performer brings his hand over the mans, and he confirms feeling it. Then the Performer is seen to be pressing his shadow down onto the mans hand. The Spectator is then seen to be lowering his hand as if it is being pushed down.

After this amazement, the Performer announces that there is more to come. With his shadow still over the man hand, the performer then asks the man to try and lift his hand. The man invariably cannot lift his hand. The performer then allows the man to be applauded before he asks if he may try something that could be a little scary. The man says that he would love to see, as he finds it hard to top what he has just seen.

At this point in the effect the performer asks the man if he would hold out it arm at arms length. He then talks on about how he want the man to do the exact opposite of what was just done. He wants the man to be very lose, and free with his movements. He then asks the man to shut his eyes, and let’s the audience be the real spectators.

Before the real effect takes place, the Performer patters on about how this time it will be different, he states that his shadow will be making contact with the mans shadow, not his body. After he is done saying this, he takes moves over right in front of the mans shadow. Suddenly, he shoves the shadow, and the man falls down right as the shadows make contact. It seems as if the Performer was right, shadows really are more powerful than we think…much more...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results