Shift, hop, pass, what's the difference?

Jun 22, 2010
What's the difference? I've noticed that hops are usually on the table. What other moves this type exist?

Thank you.

Jan 31, 2010
As far as I know...

Pass - A sleight that quickly switches the top and bottom packets. Essentially a cut that is supposed to go unseen.

Hop - A tabled Pass designed to negate the cut in a card game.

Shift - A more general term. Can be applied to packets like a Pass (SWE Shift) or to the movement of a single card (Diagonal Palm Shift or Clipshift). Currently it seems to apply more to a single card, but originally it was the term for a Pass.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
As far as I know...

Pass - A sleight that quickly switches the top and bottom packets. Essentially a cut that is supposed to go unseen.

Hop - A tabled Pass designed to negate the cut in a card game.

Shift - A more general term. Can be applied to packets like a Pass (SWE Shift) or to the movement of a single card (Diagonal Palm Shift or Clipshift). Currently it seems to apply more to a single card, but originally it was the term for a Pass.

A Hop is NOT a tabled pass. It is a hop :p The cards don't really ever touch, they literally hop the cut. So there are no packets to transpose once the cards are together. Very difficult, very impressive.

Like Prae said, a pass can transpose any number of cards from bottom to top or top to bottom.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results