Shock by Ian Chandler

Jan 10, 2008
Hey guys, I would like to take a moment to talk about an old pdf file created by Ian Chandler entitled "Shock"
This pdf file has three amazing effects, and it is absolutely free! That's right free!
You can obtain this free pdf here: http://impossibilityfactor.weebly.com/tutorials.html

The effects: The first effect is called Shock, it is a sandwich effect in which the a freely selected card appears between two face up jokers, disappears between them, and then reappears in a startling manner.
This effect could not be simpler in design, but if you do this well it is a pretty amazing thing!
The second effect is called Awe, another sandwich effect, but what I like about this is the fact that it showcases the way Ian approaches his magic. As magicians, we tend to get caught up in complicated methods or procedures to produce an effect. It is refreshing to see an effect like Awe, because it reminds us about the power of simplicity and I can personally say this effect plays well for laymen.
The third effect is called Margarine, the effect is simple and straightforward. two cards are freely selected and placed back anywhere in the deck. The spectator then cuts and shuffles the cards a few times, and then the magician cuts and shuffles the cards a few times. The cards are ribbon-spread and the magician is able to correctly divine and pull out the two selected cards. This effect won't fry magicians, however; I know for a fact that it is a layman's delight!

You can't go wrong checking out Ian's pdf. Oh by the way, did I mention it's FREE! Check it out!

I'm sure that it will inspire a lot of you, or at least get you thinking about the way in which you approach your card magic.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Thanks so much for the review Industrial! Glad to see it!

For those of you who haven't checked this out, like he said, it's free.

I hope to be coming out with some new stuff soon. No ghosts though. ;)

Ian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results