Should I open my Gold Monarchs?

Should I open my Gold Monarchs?

• Total voters
Nov 26, 2017
I recently came across a deck of Gold Monarchs for winning a SNC on Theory11. Should I open it and use it, or sell it, or otherwise?

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Do what you like.

Okay, now everybody sing along!

Do right, use your head.
Everybody must be fed.
Get together, break your bread.
Yes, together, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Don't fight, use your head.
It's all right every night.
Do what you like, that's what I said.
Everybody must be fed.
Do what you like.

Open your eyes.
Realize you're not dead.
Take a look at an open book.
Do what you like, that's what I said.
Do what you like.

Reactions: Gabriella J
Aug 10, 2017
I have some gold monarchs and opened, but I never us them except for eye candy it provides me. DEFINITELY NO MAGIC TRCIKS in my opinion

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Dec 29, 2017
If I’m in a position to, I tend to buy one collectible deck to play with and one to leave shelved. Seeing as you won yours, I’d personally open them to appreciate what makes them different and then shelf it.

Nov 26, 2017
If I’m in a position to, I tend to buy one collectible deck to play with and one to leave shelved. Seeing as you won yours, I’d personally open them to appreciate what makes them different and then shelf it.
I did open them, but yeah, then I put 'em in my card drawer to look at every day.

Jul 26, 2016
This is only my opinion, but as Christopher mentioned, cards are to be used. I know that the Gold Monarchs are a VERY special deck of cards and i congratulate you on your good fortune in winning them. I will take it one step further and say that these beautiful works of art are not only to be used, but shared.

Now that you have opened them (which I definitely would have done, as well), they are no longer an "investment" that can be resold. So why just keep them in a drawer? Perform with them, exhibit them like fine art in a gallery. Imagine if DaVinci or Michelangelo had kept their paintings tucked away in their rooms for only them to look at and appreciate? Let these glorious cards be a beautiful medium for your magic. (Of course, I would not use them in a bar or restaurant, or have spectators shuffling them or handling them to
any significant degree). But these very special cards have a magical feeling to them, which will be conveyed to whomever you perform for. And although the presentation and touches that you personally bring to any trick or routine are certainly important, these gorgeous cards will help to showcase and enhance anything you do, much like a Stradivarius would do for a violinist at a recital.

Reactions: JarrettC2
Nov 26, 2017
This is only my opinion, but as Christopher mentioned, cards are to be used. I know that the Gold Monarchs are a VERY special deck of cards and i congratulate you on your good fortune in winning them. I will take it one step further and say that these beautiful works of art are not only to be used, but shared.

Now that you have opened them (which I definitely would have done, as well), they are no longer an "investment" that can be resold. So why just keep them in a drawer? Perform with them, exhibit them like fine art in a gallery. Imagine if DaVinci or Michelangelo had kept their paintings tucked away in their rooms for only them to look at and appreciate? Let these glorious cards be a beautiful medium for your magic. (Of course, I would not use them in a bar or restaurant, or have spectators shuffling them or handling them to
any significant degree). But these very special cards have a magical feeling to them, which will be conveyed to whomever you perform for. And although the presentation and touches that you personally bring to any trick or routine are certainly important, these gorgeous cards will help to showcase and enhance anything you do, much like a Stradivarius would do for a violinist at a recital.
Deep, man. Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results