Show Off Volume 3 - King Of Cards by Brian Tudor

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10122

With this, the highly anticipated third installment of the landmark "Showoff" series, Brian Tudor has come full circle by delivering an outstanding volume of card flourishes (arguably his best work to date) which completes the monumental task of capturing, both for posterity and for bragging rights, a genuine visual record of the "out on the edge, yet in complete control" style that he both created and perfected.

The INSANE MOVES contained in this volume:

Rev 4 - 4th installment of Tudor's One Hand Cut - a visual flip one hand cut.
Tudor Production - Devastating 4-of-a-kind production of a vertical display on the table, the fastest action known in the genre...
Castro 360 Degree - The world-famous "Castro Cut" is executed in 360 flawless degrees.
Double Direction Spring - Upside-down spring and right-side up spring in one ultra-slick action.
Asher, "diving board shouldn't be a double!" - Progressive move from Asher gets sick and destroys as a flourish.
YTBN the second - One hand multiple cut kills as the second mind-bending installment.
The Rev 5ive - 5th innovative installment of Brian Tudor's signature One Hand Cut.
A Bit Louder! - The Castro Cut drinking gasoline after smoking down all the CRACK!
What The Hell Happened to Syble 3 - To break into Z grip as a flourish what the hell happened to Syble?
The Tudor Tower - !7! vertical packets stacked still - the tallest structure ever designed.
Tudor Cut 2 - Brian Tudor is the only person that will execute this flourish - EVER!
All Material Written by Brian Tudor.

"Showoff Vol. 3" is undoubtedly both more polished and audacious than its two predecessors (the groundbreaking "Showoff" was released in 1999 followed by a second equally important volume "Showoff 2" in 2001) and is almost certainly destined to be recognized as one of the most important collections of card flourishes ever released.

Running Time Approximately 26min: That's about 2 minutes explanation for each flourish? I hope this gonna be good.

=========
Jeff
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I copied and pasted from DnD forums :p

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
the system download is 22 minutes or somehting like that.. and I LOVE IT =)

I really hope that he releases a preview vid..

i was realy mad when i read the description of the 2 way spring on the video. since there isnt a demo i cant see it but is sounds an awful lot like a spring i came up with over 2 years ago where the cards spring normal and upside down in one continuous motion.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
waiting for the tudor cut 2.. the description makes me wanna check it out :p

Edit: found a picture of it.. looks HUGE :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
i was realy mad when i read the description of the 2 way spring on the video. since there isnt a demo i cant see it but is sounds an awful lot like a spring i came up with over 2 years ago where the cards spring normal and upside down in one continuous motion.

you've obviously never read Jerry's encyclopedia. you might have come up with it independently but the double spring is ancient news.

i'm thinkinng that there probably isn't anything new about tudors spring either but god dang it Tudor is such a bad azz that I have to get this DVD just to check it out.

Don't like how he uses the title of: "King of Cards"

Personally I think that title should just be set aside for the Dai Vernon and Houdini. Tudor is a great manipulator who sets himself from the rest somehow, I just don't like this title per se.

Hahah... running time of 26 minutes? I'll expect the usual treatment of Tudor teaching. No offensive.

Sep 1, 2007
there's a review of this DVD up over at dan and dave.

apparantly it's pretty harsh. he says if you don't like his teaching style "quit bit**** mot*** fu***" and also says stuff about Lee Asher, De'vo and Jerry, sounds pretty controversial to me.

all i care about is the damn flourishes not who said what to whom and when etc blah blah blah.

As far as teaching style is concerned, you'd think the purpose of a DVD is supposed to be so other people can do them right? So why not take some TIME to explain everything so you don't get 300 people going, "huh?" I would understand for a performance only DVD, but come on. We're not Tudor fanboys here.

I am.
System has the worst teaching but just see how many of us can do the flourishes correctly.

Just how much frustration of asking around and sitting there staring at the TV could have been avoided if they added something like the English language to the DVD? I'm pretty sure REDUCING the amount of time for you to learn the move and get it down in practice, will allow you to start concentrating on smoothness and speed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results