Si Stebbins Pro

Sep 1, 2007
Sounds useless. Someone is just trying to make a quick buck here.

If you were to use a memorized deck you should go with real memorizing, not with some "easy to learn systems". You don't even have to pay for a memorized deck and the advantages are far more superior than in rosary stacks. Just shuffle the cards and start memorizing, or check Aronson's or Tamariz's stacks.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Sounds useless. Someone is just trying to make a quick buck here.

If you were to use a memorized deck you should go with real memorizing, not with some "easy to learn systems". You don't even have to pay for a memorized deck and the advantages are far more superior than in rosary stacks. Just shuffle the cards and start memorizing, or check Aronson's or Tamariz's stacks.

I agree with Ineski. If you want to memorize a deck, spend a little longer and do it properly. I constantly recommend Derren Brown's Tricks of the Mind book to anybody interested in this, he has a very good section on memory. As well as being a brilliant book.

interesting, i always wanted to learn the Mnemonica stack but i dont have the money its not very cheap. does shuffling the deck and memorizing it really work once u finally memorize it? i would not know any tricks that i could do anyway ;\

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
interesting, i always wanted to learn the Mnemonica stack but i dont have the money its not very cheap. does shuffling the deck and memorizing it really work once u finally memorize it? i would not know any tricks that i could do anyway ;\

By does it work, do you mean can you shuffle a deck of cards and then go through and learn the order? If it does then yes. If you mean can you shuffle it and then just riffle through it and have it instantly memorized, no. Memorizing it does take time but it gets quicker with practice (and that's what false shuffles were invented for ;)).

hmm maybe i should learn to type what im trying to say better sorry haha. so you can shuffle the deck memorize the order and it will be just as good as memorizing any other stack that has been invented? maybe that will make sense o_O

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
With certain memory techniques (like the one taught in Tricks of the Mind (sorry, I really can't get over how good this book is)) then yes. It isn't even too hard, though it will take a bit of time the first few tries.

Sep 1, 2007
hmm maybe i should learn to type what im trying to say better sorry haha. so you can shuffle the deck memorize the order and it will be just as good as memorizing any other stack that has been invented? maybe that will make sense o_O

It can be used like any other memorized deck, but it is good to have built-in features in the stack. That's why some stacks are a lot more popular than others.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Tamariz also teaches a way to memorise the entire stack in about 3-4 hours. I still use Si Stebbins sometimes but the Mnemonica has so many features and build-in tricks that it's just a pleasure to perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results