Side Strippers?

Jan 31, 2017
Does anyone know where I can find a side stripper deck? I can't find any online, and I live in Tennessee, where magic shops are few and far between.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
You are correct in that they are called "End Strippers" and are generally custom made.

The inexpensive option to make your own is HERE and the expensive option to make your own is HERE.

You may be able to find some guys that will custom make the decks for you, but they aren't mass produced like the regular long side stripper decks.

TheDeckTailor

Elite Member
May 14, 2011
the NYC tri-state area
Hey, dylanm7,

As pointed out by the moderator, you were looking for "end strippers," which are cut on either the top or bottom, as opposed to "edge strippers," which are cut along one of the sides and are the "normal" strippers sold in most magic and novelty shops. Then, as briefly mentioned, there's also the far less-common "belly strippers," which use a slightly different principle for pulling cards - the stripped side is made concave instead of cut at an angle. They're a bit trickier to use, so you don't run into them often.

I *create* stripper decks for people, including end strippers, and other types of gaffed decks, out of whatever deck you'd like to have for the work - most magic shops will offer Bicycle Rider Backs and not much else. In fact, I have a product available through Murphy's Magic Supplies called the "Blind Wizard Deck" - it's a finely-cut, end-stripped deck that employs a TACTILE marking system (yes, you read the cards by touch). In addition, the faces are also marked as well as the backs, allowing you to read the bottom card of a stack as well as the top card.

If you're interested in a BW Deck made from something else, or perhaps a different kind of gimmicked deck (like a straight-up, unmarked end stripper), contact me or check out my website!

Reactions: Zeede
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results