Sideshow/Geek Magic

Sep 8, 2007
What do you guys think about those two. I do human blockhead, mental floss, learning to eat/breathe fire, and hopefully sword swallowing someday. I haven't had any injuries yet luckily, yet I think I have a sinus infection form doing mental floss and human block head.

Ive never been interested in that sort of magic, it just doesn't suit my style. I'm not the sort of person who does crazy stunts and does weird stuff. (No offense or anything) I'm more of the Card Shark, Gambler Style. But it still amazes me.

Would you be able to give a description of those effects you named?

Cheers, Tom

Sep 8, 2007
Human Block Head - You take a nail and hammer it into you nostril, "You have to be a real block head to do something as dangerous as this"
-Todd Robbins

Mental Floss - You take a balloon (one used to make balloon animals) and blow it up slightly to make it look like a tad pole. You stick the un inflated part of the ballloon and stick it up your nose and pull it out your mouth. Then u squeeze the air from one side of the balloon to the other.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sl0hL1uVuN4

Link above shows both Human Block Head and Mental Floss

Fire Eating - You take a torch and light it on fire and put it in your mouth and extinguish the flame in your mouth

Sword Swallowing - You shove a sword down your throat and pull it out

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
I think I'm the kind of guy that wants to leave my audience asking, "How did he do that?"

Not "WHY did he do that?"

But that's just me. Floss on, brother man.

Sep 8, 2007
I tell the audience why I do it lol. I basically do it to show like the amazing things you can do with your body that you think are impossible that some people can do if they put their mind into it. I don't just do purely sideshow/geek I also do mentalism and card tricks, im not completely crazy lol

Nov 1, 2007
Sean Fields Saw has never failed to get a reaction when I perform it. Also, swallowing razor blades has been a favorite of mine :D

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I really enjoy this kind of material and have been yearning to incorporate soemthing like this into my own repetoire for some time now.

Tell me, what resources do you recommend for this stuff, such as the Human Blockhead? I know the principles behind a lot of them but do not know of such teaching resources.

Cheers

Ty

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I love this sort of thing. I spent some time learning sword swallowing and human blockhead myself, which are not really tricks - they're primarily about understanding how the human body works and is constructed. I've always wanted to learn fire eating, which when you think about it is a type of physics experiment.

I love that they're not tricks. I didn't fool you; this really happened. Yes, there really is a spike in my head. Yes, there really is a sword down my throat. It's not fake, it's real.

And nobody ever says "I'm going to look that up on the internet".

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What do you guys think about those two. I do human blockhead, mental floss, learning to eat/breathe fire, and hopefully sword swallowing someday. I haven't had any injuries yet luckily, yet I think I have a sinus infection form doing mental floss and human block head.

Those sound great!

Any person that does geek magic where they actualy put there health on the line, you get my upmost respect Ziemes72, good luck with everything!

Sep 8, 2007
I know thats why I love to this kind of stuff theres no real secrets, and theres really nothing to hide, but your risking a lot.

I appreciate you guys for your kind words thank you.

I wouldn't recommend getting into this being as its really dangerous, but if you really want to heres some places to learn.

Fire Eating - Get "A Professionals Guide to Fire Eating by Brain Brushwood" hes a great teacher and a really nice guy, and the best fire eating book out there, (it can be found at Amazon.com for $40)

You should also rent or buy the movie "American Carny" it gives great backround on the history of sideshow and anyone who wants to get into this kind of stuff should watch it, HIGHLY ENTERTAINING!

For human block head, sword swallowing etc. I would recommend Swami Mantra, its out of print but you might be able to find it somewhere (I saw it one for about $60)

Theres also a good DVD out called "Geek Magic by Tomas Medina" it doesn't necessarily teach side show stuff but it teaches some cool magic tricks. (balloon swallowing, razor blade swallowing, fake glass eating)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results