Signed Card To Sealed Deck- Shawn Farquhar

Jul 16, 2011
Hey,
I just wanted to let everyone know something, and those of you who watch the Wizard Product Review may already know this. Shawn Farquhar announced that sometime before Christmas, we will release his effect where a signed card appears in a sealed deck. This effect was performed on national television and actually fooled Penn & Teller on "Fool Us". What do you guys think?

Shaun announcing the release of the Product at 15:50 in the Video http://www.youtube.com/user/worldmagicshop

Shaun Performing the effect for Penn & Teller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2ebs9F1ek

Reactions: Korey Penn
Aug 14, 2010
Iowa
I have seen some amazing performances in my day, and I've been really impressed by feats of skill and technique, but I have to say that that just blew me away. I am completely fooled, beyond impressed, and not ashamed to admit it.

Jul 16, 2011
Unless Cyril has done this effect in other situations, then I dont think Cyrils version can be done LIVE. There was a nasty camera cut at 5:00, when the spectators were covering the deck with their hands. Unfortunately that was a very key moment in the effect. So I'm skeptical that its the same method as Shawns.
Shawns version was beautiful, amazing, and performed Live for two of the greatest magicians in the world. Shawn definately executed the effect better than Cyril

May 1, 2017
This is the actual effect that convinced me to pick up magic.to finally know how it's done and to be able to perform it would be a dream come true

Reactions: CWhite

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Cyril stole his version from Shawn. Shawn has the proof, check out one of the threads here for more info.

As far as i am aware, Cyril and his team came to shawn and got permission to use it for his tv special. I know shawn personally and I am almost 100% sure he is aware of and has given permission to him to use this. unless i am mistaken of course lol

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Also, shawn has decided not to release this particular version of the effect to maintain the secrecy of it (not to keep magicians from learning it, but rather to keep magicians from performing it poorly and exposing it.) Only a handful of people know the effect. Shawn has released a similar version however where the deck seals itself and everything, the only difference being that the signed card does not re appear inside the box. The effect is identical except for that minor point. So the effect is as follows:

-case opened and deck removed.
-deck is shuffled
-card chosen.
-deck placed in the case all except the selected card.
-deck ends up being sealed again
-deck opened to find cards in order minus the selected card which is the only one missing.

This version is a ton easier to do and the effect is almost identical

Dec 12, 2007
Hey everyone, for clarification on this post. I have never given permission to anyone to present my original routine. I am aware of others who have presented it, but they were all without my consent.

I have also released an effect that is similar under the title, RSVP: ReSealed Verified Pack which appears on a Penguin Live Lecture. I am also releasing it through the SuperHumanz project with Shin Lim and Yu Ho-Jin later this year.

I have also not announced that I am not going to release my Signed Card in Sealed Deck. I will in fact one day release it, I am just trying to find the best way to protect it's secret and maintain the quality of the performance of it in the future.

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar

Mar 15, 2017
Hey everyone, for clarification on this post. I have never given permission to anyone to present my original routine. I am aware of others who have presented it, but they were all without my consent.

I have also released an effect that is similar under the title, RSVP: ReSealed Verified Pack which appears on a Penguin Live Lecture. I am also releasing it through the SuperHumanz project with Shin Lim and Yu Ho-Jin later this year.

I have also not announced that I am not going to release my Signed Card in Sealed Deck. I will in fact one day release it, I am just trying to find the best way to protect it's secret and maintain the quality of the performance of it in the future.

Cheers,

Shawn Farquhar

That's perfectly fine, these days, a lot of people just buy an effect, perform it badly and flash everything. So, yeah, we understand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results