Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Anyone know where I can get this deck? Theory 11 had them "unlimited" for awhile but I never picked one up. The only one I can find is $125 on eBay which is more than some Gold Monarch listings. Are they really that rare? I wouldn't think so. If I could find them elsewhere, how much would they be? Thank You!

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
They are rare and a bit tough to find. Although I think $125 is quite a bit much for them.
Any idea of where I can get one? Or should I just check eBay every once in awhile to see if one pops up?

Funnily enough, the limited white and gold deck can be found for less than $30 on eBay. Why are the silver ones so hard to find?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Any idea of where I can get one? Or should I just check eBay every once in awhile to see if one pops up?

Funnily enough, the limited white and gold deck can be found for less than $30 on eBay. Why are the silver ones so hard to find?

IIRC, there's two silver ones. You have one with a predominantly white with silver accents box. And the other that is ALL silver.

From what I have seen, the silver accents box is cheaper and easier to find. The all silver boxes one is tough to find for a decent price.

I would check EBay periodically. Maybe check Reddit under r/cardistry. Facebook magic groups (Area 52).

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
IIRC, there's two silver ones. You have one with a predominantly white with silver accents box. And the other that is ALL silver.

From what I have seen, the silver accents box is cheaper and easier to find. The all silver boxes one is tough to find for a decent price.

I would check EBay periodically. Maybe check Reddit under r/cardistry. Facebook magic groups (Area 52).
I think I'm thinking of the white and silver one. The one Theory 11 has on the cards page in the "out of stock" section. Ironically, it says its the unlimited edition of the deck.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com

Nope. Only one "Silver Monarch" deck - White box with silver foil, and white cards with black design inside.

We did a "Gold Monarch" deck that had a gold box, I think that is what you are remembering.

Why are the silver ones so hard to find?

There are two versions of the White Monarch deck. The original is really hard to find, and you rarely ever see them available. They were limited edition and we didn't let them go easy. The Silver Monarchs were created to be an easy-to-access white colored Monarch deck (since the White Monarchs were limited and hard to come by). They lasted for a long while before we discontinued them.

Later came the "White Gold Monarchs", which were essentially a 2nd Edition White Monarch deck. These are what you see more often than not. They too were limited, but these days you see them more frequently than Silver Monarchs simply because they are far more recent. Silver Monarchs have been out of stock for several years now, while White Gold Monarchs were a more recent creation. There are far more Silver Monarchs out there, they are just all locked up in collections.

Best source? Probably eBay. Take your time, you will find them occasionally at reasonable prices. There is ALWAYS someone squatting on eBay putting semi-rare decks up at crazy high prices, hoping that someone who REALLY wants a deck will see it, assume that is the going price, and buy one. Wait and watch, you will learn what the real going rate is and you can make your move.

// L

Last edited:

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Nope. Only one "Silver Monarch" deck - White box with silver foil, and white cards with black design inside.

We did a "Gold Monarch" decks that had a gold box, I think that is what you are remembering.

There are two versions of the White Monarch deck. The original is really hard to find, and you rarely ever see them available. They were limited edition and we didn't let them go easy. The Silver Monarchs were created to be an easy-to-access white colored Monarch deck (since the White Monarchs were limited and hard to come by). They lasted for a long while before we discontinued them.

Later came the "White Gold Monarchs", which were essentially a 2nd Edition White Monarch deck. These are what you see more often than not. They too were limited, but these days you see them more frequently than Silver Monarchs simply because they are far more recent. Silver Monarchs have been out of stock for several years now, while White Gold Monarchs were a more recent creation. There are far more Silver Monarchs out there, they are just all locked up in collections.

Best source? Probably eBay. Take your time, you will find them occasionally at reasonable prices. There is ALWAYS someone squatting on eBay putting semi-rare decks up at crazy high prices, hoping that someone who REALLY wants a deck will see it, assume that is the going price, and buy one. Wait and watch, you will learn what the real going rate is and you can make your move.

// L

I see where I messed up. In some pictures, the Silver Monarch box looks all silver. In shots with more prominent lighting, it shows the white box and silver accents.

And then made it all worse by mixing it up with White-Gold Monarchs.

It's late. I'm going to bed.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California

We did a "Gold Monarch" deck that had a gold box, I think that is what you are remembering.

// L
Sweet thanks man!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results