Simple Tricks and Friends Looking up Tricks

Hey guys,

So first off just let me say I was just doing a video chat with my friend, and right when it started he asked me if I had ever heard of the trick Mercury. I lied and said "No." He told me to look it up on youtube.com . At this point I was getting a little nervous. I was hoping he hadn't fallen upon Ellusionist or another site. Mainly because he doesn't have much respect for the Arts. So out of curiosity I checked out the performance. Then he asked, "Do you know how he does it?" Which is a very difficult question to answer but I just shrugged it off and said "No." I am just kind of upset with this because it was somewhat of a poor performance and I would rather have him see the creator of the trick perform it than someone on youtube. So just a side note for everyone, Try to make sure your tricks are the best they can be when you put them on youtube because you never know who may see them. And now I don't want him looking up "How to do Mercury" on google or something.
But I know there's nothing I can really do to stop that.

And then that somewhat led me into my next topic, "Simple Tricks."
It really is interesting what can amaze someone. I had a deck of cards in my hand during the chat. I just calmly said, "Look I wanna show you something." I did a simple Snap Change nothing really big or intricate. I didn't break into a whole routine. I did the Snap Change and he was astounded. Which led to him asking for more. I did some more basic changes and sleights and some of Dan and Dave's cuts, And then I left it at that because he had to go. I realize this has been mentioned, but even a simple little trick, something quick and amazing, can still completely amaze someone.

Thought I would just share that with you guys,

Michael

StormShadow

Banned
Jan 18, 2008
I also agree.

I find that sometimes when I perform just a simple little trick can astound people. I was actually at work on break and was just messing around, and someone saw me do Shapeshifter and ran right over and asked me how I did that. It's just amazing how little things can make a big impact.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
I did muscle pass to my friend. He searched YT and couldn't find it. BUT he found other stuff like coin bite. I hope he doesn't find out about E, PM, Or T11.

Sep 1, 2007
NO where
Yeah all these magic websites want to keep it secret.

Yeah don't worry Ellusionist and any other magic website really really don't want to make money.

They would never advertise.. or put thier website all over thier card packs so people could pick them up off the table and say.. OH I can go here. I am also very sure once it is broadcast on national TV no one will find all these great tricks.

VH1 Celebra Cadabra Sponsored by Ellusionist,

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN REAL MAGIC GOTO OUR WEBSITE. WE CAN LIST EVERYTHING AND DISCRIPTION OF WHAT SOMEONE HAS PERFORMED FOR YOU.

Don't worry it is all to help "THE ART". To bring it to the forefront, the only way to make it any good is to make sure everyone knows how it is done.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Just tell him that you don't appreciate it if he looks up the tricks and everything. If he doesn't stop... then he's obviously not a very good friend, huh?

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
That's why it's best to say that you learned your tricks from some other magician who tutored you, that way that has nothing to do with the computer, that's if telling them where you learned them ar all.

BTW I just realized something, people who look things up are hecklers right? And have you noticed that guys are usually the ones who try to figure your tricks out, especially friends who want to be "smarter" than you, that's why it's better either to perform to strangers and girls more than guys.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
The biggest thing Ive found is to avoid performing for women if their boyfriend is around. At least with the people on my campus. They seem to have this complex that they must try and figure out your method to show you up, or they will loose the girl to you. It is quite annoying... :p

-ThrallMind

Oct 21, 2007
Yeah don't worry Ellusionist and any other magic website really really don't want to make money.

They would never advertise.. or put thier website all over thier card packs so people could pick them up off the table and say.. OH I can go here. I am also very sure once it is broadcast on national TV no one will find all these great tricks.

VH1 Celebra Cadabra Sponsored by Ellusionist,

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN REAL MAGIC GOTO OUR WEBSITE. WE CAN LIST EVERYTHING AND DISCRIPTION OF WHAT SOMEONE HAS PERFORMED FOR YOU.

Don't worry it is all to help "THE ART". To bring it to the forefront, the only way to make it any good is to make sure everyone knows how it is done.
ellusionist is all about advertisment...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results