SINFUL - Questions Answered

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Greetings! Over the past couple of weeks I have received several emails wishing me to address a problem that some people are having with step one of Sinful - slamming the signed coin through the sealed can.

There are a handful of cans out there that are manufactured in such a way that make accomplishing the first step as taught on the DVD impossible.

Well...

I have a solution. It's a very simple one - so simple that I think it has been overlooked. I have filmed a quick video discussing this solution - if you do not own Sinful, the video won't make much sense to you, but if you are familiar with the handling it should answer your questions.

This Monday, November 3rd I'll be sending out a special newsletter with a link to the video - to everyone signed up for the WH Newsletter. If you were one of the people having problems with the first step and would like to see my solution, take a minute a sign up by filling out the form at www.waynehouchin.com

I just wanted to drop by and give you guys a heads up - in case you're interested. Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Thanks Wayne!

People always talk about this effect from when I performed it for them, but I've been hesitant to perform it recently because of this very issue.

-ThrallMind

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
Did anyone ever find a fix for those situations when you couldn't use a quarter? I remember a year or so ago, I think, a lot of people were saying that with certain cans they couldn't use certain coins.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Did anyone ever find a fix for those situations when you couldn't use a quarter? I remember a year or so ago, I think, a lot of people were saying that with certain cans they couldn't use certain coins.

That...is EXACTLY what Wayne said he will be telling us...

Did you read the first post?

-ThrallMind

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
That...is EXACTLY what Wayne said he will be telling us...

Did you read the first post?

-ThrallMind

"...step one of Sinful - slamming the signed coin through the sealed can."

He means where you pop the coin through the bottom, right?

I'm talking about towards the end, when you actually prove the coin's inside. There's something you have to do before you can show the coin inside the can, and it's harder to do recently with quarters.

Or are we still talking about the same thing and I'm just confusing myself? Because if so, then, well. Nyaaah.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm talking about towards the end, when you actually prove the coin's inside. There's something you have to do before you can show the coin inside the can, and it's harder to do recently with quarters.

Or are we still talking about the same thing and I'm just confusing myself? Because if so, then, well. Nyaaah.
That where I had my problem.

JDEN

Nov 8, 2007

That's the same place where I've recently ran into trouble too--the last move.

D

Deleted member 2755

Wow, people are having trouble performing me? Ok, I couldn't resist. Anyway...

Yeah, I've never had a problem with the first move. I never knew people ever did. Its the last move that I can never do.

-Doug

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Can someone who received this newsletter and still has it forward it to me. flyspazz@hotamil.com I've signed up 3 times on Waynes site and still have not received any newsletters.
Yes I have checked my junk mail folder and nothings there.

Thanks

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Got it. Thanks Praetoritevong.

Duhh. I should have thought of that. I dont like it as much but it still should have crossed my mind. Although I have not run into this problem yet.

Nov 10, 2008
Liverpool England
Sinful is a great effect. However, I tried it out in my street work in Liverpool this summer and reluctantly dropped it due to 3 problems. 1, as soon as the audience think the coin is in the can, you can be surrounded by people trying to grab it from you. This can be overcome by audience management/people handling skills. But 2, if you have borrowed the can, you cannot just pour the drink onto the ground unless you are seeking physical confrontation. This can be overcome by carrying disposable cups to pour the drink into. However 3, The drink's owner will often not want to consume soda that a borrowed, signed, dirty coin has been dumped into. This effect as I said is great, and would be perfect for a cabaret or parlor show, but not practical for most real-world circumstances, least of all street magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results