Single Card Straddle Pass by Jason England

Oct 1, 2014
Hello everybody,

i spent some time on learning the Straddle Pass. First i tried Chris Ramsays Version, but i always flashed the card. So i purchased the Video from Jason England, which is quite similar but a litte different. I thought it would help me to cover the card i am trying to pass to the bottom, but it didn´t.

The Problem is that my pass is super visible, and know i am curious to know if speed is the one big step i am missing. or if there is another tip, like tilting the deck or something like that.

I hope you get what i mean. Thank you very much.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Watch the video again. You should not have to tilt the deck in order to conceal the move. The move is so cleverly devised that at it's worst angle it looks good. It's a matter of clipping the card or cards with the index and pinky. Now that being said, the deck should be in an elevated position. See Roberto Giobbi's Card College for a variation on the middle card pass. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Oct 1, 2014
hey Gabriel, thanks for your reply.
in the Video it looks like that the action of pulling the card out is covered by his right hand. But for me that is not like this. when i try to do it, it is clearly visible. So i am not quite sure what i am doing wrong

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
From my understanding the right is just there to hold the deck while the left hand index and pinky clip the card so as to bring it to the bottom. There is minimal cover with the right hand. I would have to see a video to really see what you think you are doing wrong. Just keep watching the video and imitating what he does. You'll find that some moves are angle sensitive so it would depend on where you are looking at it from. Hope this helps

Reactions: patttt
Sep 27, 2021
I'm waking this up again - having some real trouble making this invisible. Speed might have something to do with it, but I think only because a spectator wouldn't expect it to happen so fast so you get that advantage in being a step ahead. No matter what angle I try this, I'm super exposed and flashing big every time. It's not invisible at all.

I've tried Chris Ramsay's version when you [Removed for Exposure], and Kier Gomes' version where you [Removed for Exposure] (too noisy for me). Now I'm trying the Jason England way, [Removed for Exposure].

In all three versions I'm just not getting it. Standing in front of a mirror, filming on my phone at different angles. I must have repeated this hundreds of times now and I'm really struggling to hide the pass even a little bit. My left hand either comes out too far to the right while clearing it, or dips too far down. Either way the controlled card is entirely visible, before I even get the chance to hide it with a dribble.

Not sure where I'm going wrong here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results