SkyLine?

Sep 11, 2007
hey guys i am writing a book about varies levitation's and i want to know if you would be in trusted?
(has pictures text and sketches)
Right know all the ones in it.

-Balcudi (3 inches)
-Matarzi (3- 5 Inches)
-King Rising (3 - 4 Inches)
-Hummer (Card)
-Frequent Flyer (Card)
-Joking In The Air (6 feet)
-Wild Coin (Coin)
-Ground Zero (3 - 7 inches)

most of them are mine (Ground Zero , Joking In The Air , Matarzi , Wild Coin).

And i am goning to get premision before selling!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Well writing a book teaching effects without the permission of the creators is illegal.

Mitchell

Illegal, no i highly doubt it. You cant copyright methods for magical effects. You obviously can copyright the written work but he could always publish the same method with a different explanation. The only thing you can do is apply for patents on devices/gimmicks i believe.

Its a question of ethics not legallity. It certainly would be unethical. However he said most are his own (as far as he knows i guess. not sure how much research he has done) and the others he said he was going to get permission.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Ha ha I doubt you will get permission for the marketed effects... better off having a book completely filled with your own creations

It may not be illegal but to have actual marketed effects... there must be something against this

Only a couple of those are marketed though so just don't include them and have your own... unless you end up getting permission, but I doubt it as then they'd be losing out

Aug 31, 2007
I would say... write the book first and then ask for permission. If you have material to present to them, then they will know how serious you are about it. It will also show if you are presenting their material in a way that does not make them look bad.

Example of what not to present to the creator "David Roth's flying in the face coin outta the pocket majobby levitation! First you fling the jobber and then flick the doohicky" Get what i'm saying? Be professional about it and for heavens sake, stay away from the forums. Ask your self this... Have you ever seen Wayne Houchin, Daniel Garcia and any other magician post "Hey guys I'm thinking about making a coin in a can routine, what u guyz thinkzorz?"

Just think about it for some time and let it sink in.

Sypris

PS - Not trying to put you down, your idea is good. Don't seek approval from anyone but yourself. Also David Roths's Flying in the face coin outta the pocket majobby levitation is going to be available next Fall! I hear its great!. Joking.

Sep 11, 2007
i have writing the Baldacci levitation and working on the next (jammed it with tips and tricks). I am also going to take your advise and patent the two gimmicks that two of my levitations use. Also i have made one were you stand in front of a wall and slide down until your in mid air.

Sep 11, 2007
Also i will take your comments into my mind. When my material is done i will sell it for $ 10.00 Cad ($10.15 usd). (were in parity yay)!
(usally 15% for transaction and currency conversion).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results