Skype Session: What to do?

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, so I have a skype session with Justin Miller and I was wondering how exactly these one on ones work. Do you just show him stuff and he helps you? Do you interview him? Or is it mainly just like free reign and I do whatever for the time period? I just don't want to waste an opportunity like this. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
My biggest tip for these is to come prepared with stuff that you want to talk to him about. Don't go in just hoping that something will spark up, but bring questions and things that you are working on. It could be anything from theory and presentation to techniques and misdirection. For example, you could have tons of questions about his Silver Dream routine, so present to him your problem and he should be able to help you out.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If it were me I would definitely have a list of questions, almost like an interview and go right down my list maximizing every minute I had. I would also ask him to take a look at some of your card moves and critique them. Perhaps your double lift, tilt, etc.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Figure out what Justin could do to most help you with your magic. Then focus your session on those things. They could be technical (moves and sleights), effect driven (questions about effects he performs), presentation based (how to present certain effects) or professional in nature (discussions about working in magic).

I like Rick's idea of having a list.

Jun 1, 2009
Thanks for all the advice guys! I have yet to schedule it exactly with him, but I did make a small list so far. I'm going to ask him about the business side of magic, what are the important aspects of creating an effect, and definitely some stuff on his coin work, especially sleeving. I appreciate all the help everyone!

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, not trying to bump this at all. But I just got done with my session with Justin and it was AWESOME! He took some ideas I had and brought them to a whole new level. I got a sneak peak of some new releases like Freedom Change which looks phenomenal. I want to thank you guys for the advice you gave me, I'll probably have another session to cover stuff we didn't get to this time around. If you are considering doing a session with Justin, do it! You get your money's worth and them some, by far.

Jun 1, 2009
Sounds awesome, If you can talk to any of the pro's by just paying a little cash it is probably worth it! Cash comes and goes.

For real man! Justin is super cool too, and getting able to talk to people who have connections can only help you out in the future.

Apr 18, 2010
Jacob,
That was soo much fun man! you have some really good ideas..."legendary time" cant wait to try it out.
Talk to you soon.
JM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results