Sleights for finger ring

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
So im working on my finger magic. What you guys use to vanish a ring. Just want to know what other people commonly use.
Pls dont say classic palm. :D

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I like to use either the classic put and take or a move I like to call " hold my wrist".
Not sure what the move is actually called I just learned it from watching a lot of Andrew Mayne. If someone does know the name can you leave it below?

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Almost any sleight you can use to vanish a coin can be used to vanish a ring as well!

For ring Specific Magic I suggest you check out the following effects for possible inspiration:

-Divorce by Justin Miller
-Reflex by Patrick Kun
-Curcuit by Zachary Heath
-Bandwidth by Gregory Wilson
-Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas
-Ninja Plus by Matthew Garrett
-Odyssey by Calen Morelli
-D Rings by De'Vo

Just to start :)

Reactions: Mem and kakegurui

Mem

Dec 23, 2016
Thanks guys for the suggestion. The reason i want to know a move is because i want to use it in one of the phase in divorce. In the last phase. Im wondering if there is a subsitute on the move ' im gonna put ring on my pocket'
(Im practicing for that. But my hands is just sweaty when performing)

I hope i did not reveal any thing

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Thanks guys for the suggestion. The reason i want to know a move is because i want to use it in one of the phase in divorce. In the last phase. Im wondering if there is a subsitute on the move ' im gonna put ring on my pocket'

Kyle Marlett uses an updated hanky vanish it is really pretty cool. You place the ring in a napkin. They can feel the ring, then you tear the napkin up and the ring has vanished. It does require a set up but it's easy to do. It can be learned a his At the Table Lecture.

Reactions: Mem

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah

Garret Thomas has a move for this, it feels like a thimble move. I forget the name, slow motion Ring Thing or something. I think it's taught on his Ring Thing DVD.

Reactions: Mem
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
In a tabled environment, you can lap a ring just like a coin. You can build a full routine around the ring, without it actually being there. Just make sure you justify putting the ring on the table, and put in layers.

Reactions: 010rusty
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results